ASCE OC YMF - Volunteer Event at the Ronald McDonald House
Sunday, March 24, 2013 from 4:00 PM to 8:00 PM (PDT)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Join the ASCE OC YMF as we cook a meal for families staying at the Ronald McDonald House!
This is a great community service opportunity, which is part of a meal program called “Feasts from the Heart”. This is where we come and cook a meal for families staying at the Orange County Ronald McDonald House.
In many communities and cultures, it is traditional for friends and neighbors to prepare meals for their loved ones who are caring for a sick family member. It is an act of kindness that translates feelings of concern into a tangible expression of human compassion.
When parents return to the Ronald McDonald House after a long day at the hospital it is nice to have a hot, delicious home-cooked meal prepared by for them. Here are the steps to cooking a meal at the Ronald McDonald House:
- Volunteers should plan to be at the event from 4-8 P.M. (To provide enough time to properly set up, prepare the meal, serve the families by 6PM, and clean up)
- Volunteers must sign & return a Liability form and Photo Release waiver before volunteering. These forms will be distributed via email once registered.
- Volunteers must be willing and able to perform all tasks below:
- Prepare a mean plan and determine the necessary ingredients (before the event).
- Prepare the meal on site.
- Serve the families of the Ronald McDonald House
- Help store all leftovers
- Assist with clean-up
- Have Fun!
If you have and questions, please ask.
We look forward to volunteering with you!
*We ask that the group size is limited to 12 people