Missed the National Day of Serve? Don't stress, come out on Friday February 15th, 2013 and help assist at the Armory Emergency Shelter program. The purpose of the Armory program is to provide up to 400 beds per night for the homeless in Santa Ana.
- Volunteers must be present from 5-8 P.M. (Do not be late!)
- Volunteers must sign & return a volunteer waiver before volunteering Link to Waiver-Extras will be available on the day of.
- Volunteers must be willing and able to perform all tasks below:
- Make coffee
- Setout & disinfect sleeping mats
- Roll fork & spoon in napkin
- Setup tables for registration and food
- Set out snacks and cold drinks
- Set up donations of clothing on tables
- Organize storage bins
- Restock/Organize hygiene cart
- Volunteers are allowed to park in any row EXCEPT the 1st row.
- Wear long pants and a long sleeve shirt
- Wear closed toe shoes
- It is advised that females wear modest dress to avoid unwanted male attention
- Leave all VALUABLES at home
- Arrive on time
- Do not text on your cell phone while volunteering.
- Do not give out your personal contact information or give money to clients.
- Eat before or after volunteering. Volunteers are not allowed to eat or drink the Armory food.
- Use the buddy system at all times. If you feel unsafe, please ask a security guard or staff to walk with you to your car or to the restroom.
- If you don't know what to do, please ask staff to assist you.
- Volunteers are not permitted to proselytize, which includes, preaching, passing out religious material, pray with clients, holding religious services, etc.