ARTSCAPE! Spring 2013
In the Park with Monet
Featuring the founding father of Impressionism, Claude Monet
Children will paint an acrylic painting on 8" x 10" canvas of East Cobb Park's bridge in the style of Claude Monet's Japanese bridge in his garden at Giverny and learn about the French, Impressionist painter who lived from 1840-1926. Younger children will discuss the book The Magical Garden of Claude Monet by Laurence Anholt.
- Select from the following classes:
- Tuesday, April 9 from 3-4pm - Open to 4-8 year olds
- Wednesday, April 10 from 3-4pm - Open to 8-13 year olds
- Friday, April 12 from 3-4pm - Family Class - Open to everyone including parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles!
Parent/Guardian and family members (for Family Class) must complete Waiver of Liability to complete registration.
- Payment is due at registration.
- Please arrive on time to class, each class will begin at 3pm.
- No makeups or waiting lists for these classes.
- In the case of inclement weather, Kent Nulty (the director of ARTSCAPE!) will send out an announcement to the enrolled class email list of students.
When & Where
Friends for the East Cobb Park
FRIENDS FOR THE EAST COBB PARK is a non-profit volunteer organization formed in 1998 to create a community gathering place in East Cobb County. An executive Committee, a Board of Trustees, and a Board of Advisors work with Committee members to support and improve the park, its facilities, and programs.