ART IN THE PARK, Members Shared Tents- 2013
Friday, August 16, 2013 at 4:00 PM - Sunday, August 18, 2013 at 4:00 PM (MDT)
Parker Artists Guild - Art in the Park
Members' Shared Tents
August 16-18 2013
8/16: 4-7, 8/17: 10-7, 8/18: 10-4
Dear Guild Member: Welcome to your show.
The show is only open to members. We hope to have space for all members who have paid their membership dues by 1/31/2013. These members will have priority over those joining after 1/31/2013.
The Parker Artists Guild owns four tents and grids to fill them. If you are new and just starting out, you may rent space to show your work. Each space is 4' wide by 6' high. If all spaces are not filled, you will be contacted and offered an extra 4' x 6' space for the same price as you paid for your first space. DO NOT sign up for more than one space until you are invited to. As part of the conditions for exhibiting you must agree to donate:
* 2 hours to help pick up the tents and grids from the storage units and set up on Friday AND,
* 2 hours of staffing tents during the show on Saturday or Sunday AND,
* 2 hours to help tear down the tents and grids and return them to the storage units
* TOTAL of six hours time.
(you need not be present during the entire show, just your 2 hour shift. You MAY if you choose to)
QUESTIONS SHOULD BE EMAILED TO: AIVARS TOBISS firstname.lastname@example.org
· Hours/dates: 8/16/13: 4-7, 8/17/13: 10 am to 7 pm. and 8/18: 10-4
We are trying to attract Solheim golf visitors to our show so we have extended the hours.
· Set up is Friday afternoon 1pm to 7pm, and you MAY open from 4-7, this is not mandatory.
· Absolutely no stakes or driving onto the park grass. Tents must be securely weighted.
· After unloading, please move your car away from the unload area. Exhibitors must use an outlying parking area during the show. For the automobile used at the show, you must provide make & license plate.
· Security provided Friday and Saturday night.
· Booth space, maps, advertising circulars, 8.2% sales tax collection process and more fun details will be mailed in July.
FYI: OUR LEASE FOR THE CREDIT CARD MACHINE HAS EXPIRED AND WILL NOT BE RENEWED. THERE WILL NOT BE A CREDIT CARD TENT, BUT WE ARE WORKING ON HAVING AN ATM ON THE GROUNDS FOR YOUR CUSTOMER'S CONVENIENCE.
If membership dues are paid by 1/31/13 and paid for the tent section by 4/30/13: $25 for 4' x 6' section
If joining/renewing after 1/31/13 and paid for the then section by 4/30/13: $35 for 4' x 6' section
If paying for tent section after the 4/30/13: $35
Full refund if canceled before 6/30/13.
No refund after 6/30/13. If you don’t show up and do not give notice: no refund and barred from future Art in the Park shows.
Art in the Park 2013, Exhibitor and Jury Rules
Guild membership is required to exhibit.
- Eventbrite registration sells the space when there is room.
- Those not getting a space will be placed on the automatic Eventbrite wait list in order of requests.
If you have not exhibited at ATP before, you must be juried. Please send 4x6 photos to ATP, 1700 Lisbon Drive, Parker, CO 80138 OR email jpeg images and info to email@example.com
· 4 of your work, and a SASE to ATP, 1700 Lisbon Drive, Parker, CO 80138
· A short paragraph describing your media, materials, and methods.
· If more than one category include the above for all.
General Exhibit Rules
1. Manufactured and imported work or any work not made by the exhibitor is excluded and the exhibitor will be required to leave the show. The decision of the ATP Show Committee cannot be appealed.
For the Fine Art Category
1. Original work must be hung on the walls. Reproductions of these originals may be placed in
2. Limited Edition Reproductions, signed and numbered, my be placed in bins.
For the Photography Category (includes traditional and digital enhanced)
1. At this time we do not require one of a kind work for photography.
For the Fine Craft Category
- Original work that consists of substantial enhancement to an item or product is allowed. For example, painting on or substantial embellishment of clothing or glassware.
- Reproductions may be places in bins.
- Work that is just assembling of mass produced, machine made or purchased components or kits is not allowed.
- Beaded jewelry work can be included. In addition to the above criteria:
Ø Natural minerals and gemstones must be used in at least 75% of the work.
Ø The stringing of beads may not exceed 25% of the work exhibited.
Ø Mass produced or purchased pendants as part of the work are specifically excluded.