San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Join us for an evening showcasing creative change for homelessness in Los Angeles! Learn how art is not only reflecting this community issue, but impacting it and how you too can become part of the solution to house our most vulnerable homeless neighbors.
6pm Reception (includign art displays & art creation with The Painted Brain)
6:30pm Artist-Led "Faces of Homelessness" Gallery Walk
7pm Screening of critically-recognized documentary @home
The evening will feature:
- Guided gallery tour of paintings exhibit featuring the images and stories of local homeless individuals
- Powerful screening of @home documentary, with film subject and Director introduction and discussion
- Displayed art created by clients at The Center at Blessed Sacrament
- Live art creation with The Painted Brain throughout reception
- Personal testimonial shared by formerly homeless individual living in permanent supportive housing
All donations onsite and through ticket sales are tax-deductible. All donations will be matched dollar for dollar thanks to a generous private donation. 100% of all donations will go back into the community to support organizations working to end homelessness.
Full cash bar open during reception.
When & Where
United Way of Greater Los Angeles, Home For Good
United Way of Greater Los Angeles works to permanently break the cycle of poverty for our most vulnerable neighbors in LA County.
Our Home For Good initiative was launched in 2010 by the United Way and the LA Area Chamber of Commerce as an action plan to end homelessness, starting with Veterans and chronically homeless individuals. This effort has grown into a cross-sector collaboration of more thatn 300 organizations working on long-term solutions to homelessness. Our current efforts are centered around the following initiatives: Home For Good Funders Collaborative and the Coordinated Entry System.