Grasshopper: Introduction to Firefly // March 7
- Somewhere Something, Los Angeles CA
The workshop will develop the workflow of motion tracking to machine actuation. Each participant will fabricate and assemble a small prototype of a multi-axis arm, controlled with a variety of sensory inputs. The project will be developed in Grasshopper and Firefly, using the Arduino microcontroller. No previous experience is required.
1 - Sensing and Actuating
- Brief Introduction to Grasshopper
- Brief Introduction to Arduino
- Introduction to Firefly
2 - Arm simulation
- Introduction to Vector Math in Grasshopper
- Simulation of the multi-axis Arm
3 - Fabrication
- Brief introduction to laser cutting
- Laser cutting the arm components
4 - Motion Tracking to Actuation
- Introduction to Motion tracking (Kinect, Leap Motion, iPhone)
- Controlling the arm with various motion inputs
Somewhere Something is a design, fabrication and education collaboration between men, women and machines located in a converted warehouse on the Eastside of Los Angeles.
In order to purchase these tickets in installments, you'll need an Eventbrite account. Log in or sign up for a free account to continue.