Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
ARE YOU BILINGUAL?
Professional Interpreting: A Smart Career Choice for 2014
1-Day Informational Seminar on Saturday, February 15 - Winter Park
"Employment of interpreters and translators is projected to grow 46 percent from 2012 to 2022, much faster than the average for all occupations."
-- US Department of Labor
Have you ever considered a career as an interpreter?
Thousands of bilinguals like yourself are currently working as interpreters around the country, earning good money by putting their language skills to work in courts, law offices, hospitals, schools, government positions, conferences, international business settings and more. The median salary of a language interpreter in 2012 was $45,430 (US Dept. of Labor), and job openings in this field will continue to expand as global trade and the amount of foreign language speakers in our country continue to increase.
Now is the time to get in on this exciting opportunity for a rewarding career!
Agustín de la Mora, a national leader in the interpretation industry, will be leading a 1-day workshop on the basics of becoming a professional language interpreter on Saturday, February 15 in Winter Park. Join us to find out if a career as an interpreter may be right for you!
This may be a great career option for you if:
- You are fluent in English and at least one other language.
- You would like to be your own boss, make your own schedule and set your own fees.
- You are passionate about helping people by facilitating communication.
- You have a legal, medical or business background (these areas have the highest demand).
- You are interested in working from home as a telephonic/video interpreter.
- You are looking for a source of additional income or maybe even a whole new career!
Topics will include:
- What is language interpretation?
- What is the difference between an interpreter and a translator?
- Who can be an interpreter and what skills are necessary?
- What are the different fields of interpretation out there?
- How much do interpreters make?
- How do you become a certified interpreter for work in the legal and healthcare fields?
- How do you find work as an interpreter?
- How is technology changing the interpreting profession?
- What work-from-home opportunities are available for interpreters?
When & Where
de la Mora Interpreter Training
de la Mora Interpreter Training is committed to providing quality training and guidance for interpreters of all languages and levels of experience. If you are curious about one of the country's fastest-growing professional fields, are bilingual and want to take advantage of your talents, or are already an interpreter and want more training, we are here for you.