A Bay-area unconference about backend architecture, scaling patterns, and specific technologiesused to build kick-ass systems.
~ Who? ~
You! ArchCamp is for hackers, by hackers*. All sessions will be lead by participants (that's you again), so if you're a business guy or tech recruiter, sit this one out.
*(to clarify, a hacker is anybody who produces code or architecture)
~ When? ~
Friday July 16th. Networking starts at 5, conference starts at 6, ends around 9. Beers immediately afterwards.
5:00pm - Registration & Networking
5:45pm - Welcome, Thank yous & Introductions
6:00pm - Lightning Talks (5 minutes each)
- Taking applications now!
6:15pm - Food & Build a schedule!
6:30pm - Unconference - Round 1
7:30pm - Unconference - Round 2
8:30pm - Unconference - Round 3
9:30pm - Wrap Up
10:00pm - Beers at a bar (TBD)
~ Where? ~
The hacker dojo! Hacker Dojo is a community center for hackers and thinkers to meet, discuss, learn, create, build and play.
~ How will we be running our unconference? ~
- The people who come are the best people who could have come.
- Whatever happens is the only thing that could have happened.
- It starts when it starts.
- It's over when it's over.
- The Law of Two Feet ("If you are not learning or contributing to a talk or presentation or discussion it is your responsibility to find somewhere where you can contribute or learn").
~ Summary! ~
- Friday August 6th
- Hacker Dojo in Mountain View
- Networking starts at 5
- Un-conference starts at 6, goes to 9
- Beers afterwards!
~ Donations! ~
All donations will go to food and other costs of the event. Any excess at the end will be given to the Hacker Dojo as a contribution towards their Air Conditioner fund!