This course teaches the fundamental concepts and basic functions of a GIS, the properties of GIS maps, and the structure of a GIS database. In course exercises, you will develop basic software skills by working with ArcGIS Desktop tools to visualize geographic data, create maps, query a GIS database, and analyze data using common analysis tools..
This two-day course is taught by an ESRI-authorized instructor. It is designed for individuals who do not have prior GIS education or workplace experience, and for managers and GIS support staff who infrequently use ArcGIS and need to understand how GIS fits into their organization.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Understand what GIS is, what it can do, and how others are using it.
- See how your organization can benefit from a GIS.
- Create a basic GIS map.
- Work with different types of geographic data.
- Access information about geographic datasets and features.
- Apply a systematic approach to analyzing data in order to find patterns and relationships.
To view the full course curriculum, visit:
This is a two-day course that runs from 8:30am-5:00pm both days.
NOTE: There are only 12 spots in this class. SPACES ARE AVAILABLE TO LOCAL GOVERNMENT, SCHOOL DISTRICT, & TRANSIT AGENCY EMPLOYEES ONLY ON A FIRST COME, FIRST SERVED BASIS.
Participants should be proficient in the use of Windows based software. Please contact us at 404-463-3520 to determine what GIS course best suits your current skill level.
Light breakfast, lunch and training materials are included.