Aquaponic Garden Tour
El Cerrito, CA
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Tired of digging in the dirt?
Don't have any dirt to dig in??
Watering and weeding got you down?
Interested in raising organic edible fish?
Stop by our home to celebrate Earth Day and learn about Aquaponics; it's gardening for the 21st century!
Aquaponic gardening is a sustainable and easy way to grow vegetables and fish in any location. Mimicking nature's design, an aquaponic garden is a small ecosystem, recirculating water between a fish tank or pond and raised gravel beds where the plants are grown hydroponically (without soil).
I'll share with you how I built and designed my backyard system on the cheap with recycled materials and you'll learn about the many advantages and variations possible with aquaponics. Here are just a few of the benefits:
- Up to 10 Times More ORGANIC Plants! With aquaponics you place plants closer together on a float system above the water, therefore it fits 10 times more plants in the same space! The roots of the plants are always in nutrient rich water and there’s no over-crowding!
- There’s no more weeding! The system removes the need for pain-staking and annoying weeding. You get more freedom and enjoyment!
- No more soil pests! The need for pesticides is eliminated, which makes it that much easier for you to have amazing plants and fruit without toxic chemicals.
- No More Watering! The aquaponics system uses only 10% of the water normal gardening does. Because the water is constantly re-circulated, and you do not lose any to soil absorption or runoff. The roots of your plants are constantly submerged in nutrient rich water and you never have to worry about watering your plants again. If you pay for your water, imagine of how much money this can save you.
- Multiple Sources of Income! When you try the aquaponics system yourself, you’ll have more plants than you’ll know what to do with. If you decide to sell your vegetables, guess what.. you also have fish to sell as the aquaponics system produces both plants and fish
- Plants Grows Twice As Fast! Plant experts are shocked when they visit aquaponic farms at how fast plants grow. For example, lettuce which takes 60+ days to mature, takes only about 29 days with this system.
- You use up to 70% less Energy than conventional gardening!
- No More Back-Straining Planting! Planting normally takes a lot of bending over, but not with Aquaponics . You’ll find out exactly how to plant your seedlings in the aquaponic floats, and how to make sure the roots get all the nutrients.
Additionally, each guest can enter a free raffle to win some pretty cool aquaponic supplies, including a complete system! http://aquaponicsassociation.org/tour-de-tanks-2/
Please bring the family and drop in for a visit to see our garden in action!
What are my transport/parking options getting to the event?
We're just 3 blocks from the El Cerrito Del Norte BART station, but there is usually plenty of free street parking as well.