San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Join Taylar for all the apparel manufacutring details. See how-to videos on cutting, assembly, and finishing processes plus get a demonstration on Optitex Computer-Aided-Design (CAD).
After attending this workshop you will:
- Possess a professional working knowledge of traditional manufacturing,
- Learn new methods used by producers specializing in small volume startups, and
- See the fantastic future in manufacturing with amazing game-changing innovations.
TAKE AWAY MATERIALS:
- Listing of US manufacturing specializing in small volume startups
- Summary notes on every phase
- Critical definitions of industry terms needed to get your designs produced
Southern Polytechnic State University
Clair Harris Apparel Research Center
Building M, Room 133
When & Where
Taylar Leigh Wooten
Taylar Wooten is a classically trained manufacturing engineer with over 20 years of comprehensive achievements in apparel and textile industries. As CAD designer for GGT, Taylar traveled the southeast and Puerto Rico training manufacturing facilities in pattern automation, grading, and marker-making using the latest CAD systems. As Nantucket Industries’ Product Development Director, Taylar applied her cost engineering, product development, and testing skills while launching their ground-breaking Product Testing Laboratory. At the Russell Corporation, Taylar headed several high profile positions in product management, technical design and finally as Director of Design and Merchandising of the company's largest and most successful Artwear and Careerwear division.
Taylar currently owns Softgoods by Design, LLC where she consults with businesses specializing in prototype development and process problem analysis. She holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Apparel Manufacturing Engineering Technology from Southern Polytechnic State University.