API Hackday PDX
Saturday, July 30, 2011 from 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM (PDT)
API Hackday PDX brings developers together the Saturday after OSCON for an all-day coding fest focused on building apps and mashups with APIs. Developers of all experience levels can share ideas, collaborate on existing projects, start new ventures, and find out about great tools and new APIs to play with.
Free admission: Lunch, Dinner and post-hack beer included. Snacks generously provided by popchips. Choose the charity: water hero ticket option, and your $10 admission will be donated to our charity: water fundraiser.
Hackers will also hear from some of the country's top API-focused companies on tips, tricks, and tools for building the next big app. At the end of the day, teams and/or individuals get a chance to present their work to a panel of judges and win kickass prizes.
API Hackday PDX will be held at the offices of local event sponsor Urban Airship.
Pre-event PDX API Hour from 6pm-8pm on Thurs, 7/28 at The Low Brow: http://plancast.com/p/60yy
Tweet about it using #apihackday
- 8:00 - 9:00 Registration / Breakfast
- 9:00 - 9:30 Intro / API Workshops
- 9:30 - 12:30 Hackedy hack
- 12:30 - 1:30 Lunch
- 1:30 - 6:00 Clackedy clack
- 6:00 Submission Deadline
- 6:30 - 7:15 Presentations
- 7:15-7:30 Judging
- 7:30 - 7:45 Awards
Prizes: Over $2K in prizes
- ProgrammableWeb Oregon Brewfest demo prizes: Every team who demos a hack and posts it on the ProgrammableWeb directory will get free entry to the Oregon Brewfest on Sunday, 7/31, including tasting mug and 2 free tasty beers. Cheers!
- O'Reilly E-Book Coupons: O'Reilly is providing all developers who demo a hack a free e-book coupon.
- Grand Prize: $750 Apple Gift Card
- Best use of APIs spot bonus prizes: $300 of Apple Gift Cards, Twilio Credits or equivilent value prizes for hacks built with SimpleGEO, Twilio, Apigee, SendGrid, PHPFog, Urban Airship, LinkedIn or Mashery
- Best PDX City Council Agenda hack: Build a hack using the eGovPDX API, you can win their $300 Apple Gift Card
Brought to you by: