AnyLogic 7 Training Course - May 12-14
- Science & Technology
- Civic Opera Building , Chicago IL
Gain knowledge in multimethod modeling
AnyLogic Fundamental training is a full three-day immersive experience in problem-solving and modeling using AnyLogic 7.
Our training focuses on solving problems rather than theory. You are guided through structuring a simulation problem, knowing which modeling paradigms to select, building models in each paradigm, and finally connecting them into a larger hybrid model. This includes building models in 3D, using special wizards and our extensive drag & drop library.
The training is geared to both new users looking to vault past the learning curve and the experienced modelers who may not be aware of all AnyLogic's features. Professional assistance in solving your business problem using AnyLogic 7 software is included in the training. Be prepared to share your specific simulation needs with your AnyLogic trainer –- bringing your own models is encouraged!
1. Attendee Questionnaire (must be filled out prior to attendance)
2. Previous modeling experience would be helpful, but is not necessary.
3. Bring your laptops with the AnyLogic 7 software installed (downloadable from www.anylogic.com).
4. A mouse is highly recommended (makes model building much easier).
An offer you can’t refuse!: To make your choice easier we have priced our training at an incredible value. You can self-register and pay here on the Eventbrite site.
The instructor: Scott Hebert
Course fee includes: 3-day training, a 250-page training manual/course book, consulting opportunities, networking, breakfast and lunch (breakfast at 8:30am, lunch at 12:30pm)
AnyLogic, Fundamentals Agenda
Day One (Breakfast at 8:30am, Lunch at 12:30pm)
1. Introduction to multimethod simulation modeling – theory and demo
2. Getting familiar with AnyLogic model development environment – demo
3. Discrete Event (Process-Centric) modeling – theory
4. Factory model – Discrete Event exercise
5. System Dynamics – theory
6. Bass Diffusion model – System Dynamics exercise
Day Two (Breakfast at 8:30am, Lunch at 12:30pm)
1. Agent Based modeling - theory
2. SIR Model. Calibration
3. Java basics for AnyLogic modelers – theory
4. Windmill turbines maintenance model. Optimization
5. Supply Chain GIS model – exercise
Day Three (Breakfast at 8:30am, Lunch at 12:30pm)
1. Pedestrian modeling – theory
2. Small airport model – exercise
3. Call Center model - self-paced Discrete Event exercise
4. Hump Yard – rail model
5. Questions & Answers
AnyLogic 7, the only multi-method tool on the market!
Our customers find it is far easier - and more economical - to conduct AnyLogic simulation experiments than to use traditional decision-making and forecasting. AnyLogic is the only tool that supports all three simulation methodologies in place today: discrete event, system dynamics, and agent based modeling. The unique flexibility of the modeling language enables the user to capture the complexity and heterogeneity of business, economic and social systems to any desired level of detail. AnyLogic’s graphical interface, tools, and library objects allow you to quickly model diverse areas such as manufacturing and logistics, business processes, human resources planning, consumer or market behavior, and healthcare. AnyLogic’s object-oriented design enables the modular, hierarchical, and incremental construction of large models.
AnyLogic 7 is based on the innovative and flexible Eclipse framework. The Eclipse framework allows AnyLogic to run on all the popular OS’s (Windows, Mac, & Linux) with the same native look and feel.
The training location is walking distance from both Ogilvie Transportation Center and Chicago Union Station. If you are flying in from Chicago O'Hare International Airport, a taxi will cost approximately $45, or take the CTA Blue line toward Forest Park for $2.25 (exit at the Clinton stop). If you are flying in from Chicago Midway International Airport a taxi will cost approximately $35, or take the CTA Orange Line toward the loop for $2.25 (exit at Quincy/Wells).
The following hotels are near the training location.
Food allergies or requirements, email email@example.com.
Please bring your laptop and mouse.
Attire is Business Casual.
In order to purchase these tickets in installments, you'll need an Eventbrite account. Log in or sign up for a free account to continue.