Interested in whole-person medicine? Join 150+ pre-health and professional students from Southern California in learning how a whole-person approach to medicine can address the healthcare needs of the 21st Century. This day-long event will include hands-on workshops demonstrating a biopsychosocial, nutritional, and environmental framework for health cultivation (including Tai Chi, Yoga, Creative Arts Therapy, and Chinese Herbal Medicine), a diverse health professional student panel, and keynote addresses from prominent leaders in integrative healthcare.
- Victoria Maizes, MD, University of Arizona Center for Integrative Medicine
- UCLA Fielding School of Public Health & UCLA Healthy Campus Initiative
Interactive Workshops (Tai Chi, Yoga, Creative Arts, Herbal Medicine, and more!):
- Sandi Chiu, MSOM, LAc, UCLA Center for East-West Medicine
- Suzie Kline, PhD, CNP, LAc, Huntington Memorial Hospital
- Shin Lin, UCI Susan Samueli Center for Integrative Medicine
- Eva Nemeth, MPT, EVA Movement
- Michael Sinel, MD, UCLA Medical Center, Samata International Yoga & Health Institute
- Diana Winston, PhD, UCLA Mindful Awareness Research Center
- Ping Ho, MA, MPH, UCLArts and Healing
- Yosan University of Traditional Chinese Medicine
Professional Student Panel:
- Led by David Geffen IMSIG Medical Students
- Including students in Nursing, Osteopathic, Naturopathic, and Oriental Medicine
Who should attend?
Undergradates and professional students from the Southern California region interested in a career in healthcare or wellness.
When can I register?
Early registration for students will be open in November 2013. Regular registration for community members will be open in January 2014.
- Breakfast, lunch, and a conference goodie bag & T-shirt are included in the registration fee.
- Refund Policy: Refunds will be accepted until February 7th. All refund requests made after this date will not be accepted.
- CEU Information:
- CEUs for LCSW/MFT/RN will be available for a nominal fee of $25 the day of the conference. Check, cash, and credit card are accepted. Please make checks payable to “Arts and Healing Initiative.” For questions about CEUs for LCSW/MFT/RN, please contact Ping Ho at .
- CEUs for acupuncturists (LAc) will be available for a nominal fee of $25 the day of the conference. For questions about CEUs for acupuncturists, please contact Sandi Chiu at .
How may I make donations to help support the conference?
Please view our Sponsorship Request to view information about sponsorship tiers and conference benefits. You may then donate securely on our GoFundMe page. Information on sponsorship tiers and conference benefits are also included on the GoFundMe page.
Note: We will be processing all online donations via GoFundMe, and not PayPal.
When & Where
SIM at UCLA / David Geffen IMSIG / UCLA CEWM
Students for Integrative Medicine (SIM, formerly NCAM) is a student group at UCLA that strives to raise student awareness for evidence-based, integrative, and whole-person approaches to medicine and health. The healthcare paradigm we support is one that is characterized not only by the elimination of disease, but by interprofessionalism, health promotion, prevention, and person-oriented care.
Website | Facebook
The David Geffen Integrative Medicine Student Interest Group (IMSIG) provides a forum for medical students to learn, challenge, explore, share, and experience Integrative Medicine through sponsorship of speakers, practical workshops, and discussions. IMSIG hopes to provide medical students with a unique capacity to effect positive, healing transformations in all aspects of patients’ lives while also realizing the motto, “Physician, heal thyself.”
The mission of the UCLA Center for East-West Medicine is to improve health, well being, and the quality of life of people by blending the best of Modern Western medicine with Traditional Chinese Medicine to provide healthcare that is safe, effective, affordable, and accessible. Its programs include education, research, and resource development, among others.
Website | Facebook