Annual RPCVCO Holiday Party
Saturday, December 7, 2013 from 7:00 PM to 10:00 PM (MST)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Please join us for our annual holiday party on December 7, 2013. We will be back at the 1st Unitarian Society of Denver, 1400 Lafayette, where we hold our regular meetings. Parking is scarce, so plan on carpooling, walking, biking or taking public transportation if you are able. There is a small lot down Lafayette near Colfax on the west side of the street that has a few spots for the church- first come first serve!
Please bring a dish to share, possible from your country of service. Please remember to bring appropriate serving utensils for your dish. This is always a festive and fun way to bring in the holiday season with your fellow RPCVs. Come join the fun! (We are also planning an after-party at Kinga's Lounge following the holiday party for those that want to continue to socialize)
Also, we want our event to be as close to ZERO WASTE as possible! That means we would love for you to bring your own flatware, bowls, and plates. We will have some extra for those that forget, but it would be great to see us cut down on our waste from this event.
As part of our third goal work, we are asking you to support The Denver Santa Claus Shop
The Denver Santa Claus Shop seeks new and gently used toys for local needy children from newborn to 11 years old. We ask for classic types of toys whose timeless appeal still delights children. These are the tried and true toys that our clients prefer every year…
- Dolls – Barbie, Dora, Bratz; African American, Native American and Hispanic dolls; extra outfits (no porcelain or soft dolls, please)
- Books – paperback and hardcover
- Coloring books, crayons, workbooks
- Toy trucks and cars – all sizes, metal or plastic
- Board games and puzzles
- Craft kits – bead sets, weaving looms, art sets, jewelry-making, etc.
- Infant and Toddler toys and dolls
- Construction toys – building blocks, Legos, Tinker Toys, etc.
- Balls – regulation size soccer, footballs, basketballs, volleyballs
- Girls’ toys – tea sets, hair play, jewelry, etc.
No violent toys, DVD´s or videos, large toys such as bikes or play sets, please.
If you cannot bring a toy, we will also be collecting donations for Philippine Typhoon Relief at the party.