Anna's Taqueria Celebrity Burrito Roller Showdown
Monday, January 27, 2014 from 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM (PST)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
In 2013, Anna’s Taqueria - Boston’s most beloved burrito joint - hosted the Celebrity Burrito Roller Series, a monthly in-store event that enlisted a local celebrity to prepare Anna’s signature West Coast-style burritos in support of an area charity of their choice. Burrito-loving fans cheered them on and contributed $10 for each celeb-rolled burrito, with all proceeds donated directly to the charity of the month. In total, Anna’s helped raise and donate almost $20,000 to local charities in 2013!
Twelve months later – it’s time for the big FINALE! To wrap up the year and celebrate the program’s success, Anna’s will be bringing back the celebrity alumni to compete in an all-star battle of the fastest spoon-slinging, burrito-rolling talent. Who will be crowned the champion Celebrity Spoon Ninja?
Competitors will include:
- Henry Santoro of RadioBDC rolling for the ESSCO-MGH Breast Cancer Research Fund
- Jonathan Soroff of The Improper Bostonian rolling for the Caring for Carcinoid Foundation
- Mean Creek, a Boston rock band, rolling for Pine Street Inn
- Rachel Cossar, ballerina and food blogger, rolling for the Boston Ballet Foundation
- Tiffani Faison of Sweet Cheeks and Bravo TV’s “Top Chef” rolling for MassEquality
- Tom O’Keefe, AKA @BostonTweet, rolling for the Women’s Lunch Place
Proceeds of celeb-rolled burritos will be donated to the winner’s charity of choice. Fans will be invited to root for their favorite roller, donate to the cause, and enjoy giveaways, snacks, and of course…burritos!