Android Top Gun Training Camp (Two days) - Dec 2010
Saturday, December 11, 2010 at 9:30 AM - Sunday, December 12, 2010 at 5:30 PM (PST)
Santa Clara, CA
Android Top Gun Development Training Camp
Welcome to Android Top Gun Development Training Camp !
Are you ready to take your Android development to the next level? Do you know the basics of environment setup and have completed “Hello World” and other sample programs?
Android Top Gun Development Training Camp is for you!
Android Top Gun Development Training Camp is a hands-on, fast track, two-day (a full weekend) training program designed for intermediate Android developers to advance their Android development skills.
The training camp will provide developers essential skills to develop applications on Android mobile platform. These skills allow the programmers to develop applications for Android devices, including phones, tablets, and mobile devices.
A post-session is also scheduled for developers to learn about app in business.
Lead Instructor: Dr James Shen
Dr. James Shen is an architect of mobile solutions at BeyondSoft. He has 14 years Java developer and architect experiences on backend Web Services and data modeling. James has six years of Mobile Industry Application experiences for billing system and messaging system. Recently he architect and worked on mobile payment platform; Android application for mobile magazine; Android application for “American Speak Out ” site. James had eight years of teaching experiences at University and he used to do research on Aerospace Engineering before he moved to Java. Now James is focusing in architect of Mobile Solutions and Cloud Computing technologies.
Beyondsoft Consulting is hiring! We have developed this training with the essentials in real world Android development. If you qualify and start to work for us within 90 days of completing the course, we will refund $150 of your registration fee.
Hosted by BeyondSoft Consulting Inc.
Training Camp Schedule & Information
Dates: December 11, 2010 & December 12, 2010
Time: 9:30AM – 5:30PM
Venue: Access Growth, 2953 Bunker Hill Lane, Suite 400, Santa Clara, CA
Price: $300 (Beverage & lunch will be provided)
Early Bird Special: $250 (register by December 8 )
Special Prices & Discounts, if applicable:
- Early bird discount: $50 (Register before December 8, 2010.)
- BCI Prospective Employee Discount: (Fee refundable after joining BCI within 90 days of completing training)
Main Session (Two Days): Dec 11-12, 2010
Over the course of two full days, you will learn intermediate topics in Android programming.
Session 1: Exploring User Interface Screen Elements
- Introducing Android Views, Widgets, and Layouts
- Displaying Text to Users with TextView
- Getting Text From Users with EditText and Spinner
- Using Buttons, Check Boxes, and Radio Groups
- Getting Dates and Times from Users
- Indicating Information to Users
- * Indicating and Adjusting Progress with SeekBar
- * Providing Users with Options and Context Menus
- Handling User Events
- Working with Styles
- Working with Themes
Session 2: Designing Android User Interfaces with Layouts
- Creating User Interfaces in Android
- Organizing Your User Interface with ViewGroup
- Using Built-In Layout Classes
- Using Built-In View Container Classes
- Using AppWidgets to Expose Application Views
- * Becoming an AppWidget Provider
Session 3: Data and Storage APIs using SQLite Database
- Working with Application Preferences
- Working with Files and Directories
- Storing Structured Data Using SQLite Databases
- * Sharing Data Between Applications with Content Providers
- * Extending Your Android Application with a Custom Content Provider
- Working with Live Folders
Session 4: Browsing the Web with WebView
- Accessing the Internet (HTTP)
- Browsing the Web with WebView
Session 5: Multimedia APIs
- Working with Still Images
- Working with Video
- Working with Audio
Session 6: Location-Based Based Services (LBS) APIs
- Using Global Positioning Services (GPS)
- Geocoding Locations
- Mapping Locations
- * Doing More with Location-Based Services
Lines marked with * are topics that will be covered if time permits.
Follow up session (1.5 hours) Dec 27, 2010
- Marketing channels.
- Job opportunities
Bring your own laptop since this is a hands-on training class.
This is an intermediate class. You should have installed and used the following.
- Android SDK 2.x
You should have completed writing code examples, such as the “Hello World” program and other beginning level programs.
If you need your environment checked out before the class, we have a review session at 8:30am for an hour before class starts. You MUST have already installed Java, Eclipse and Android SDK since there will not be enough time to do the entire setup. Be sure to mark your registration if you plan to attend this early session.
If you need to cancel a class, we will refund your registration fee (less Eventbrite processing fees) if you notify us more than 24 hours before the class. Alternatively, with the same 24 hour policy as above, you can apply your registration to the next scheduled class.
Beyondsoft Consulting reserves the right to reschedule due to insufficient registrations, instructor emergencies or other unforeseen circumstances. If it is deemed necessary to reschedule the class, registrants will be notified immediately. If a registrant cannot attend on the rescheduled date, they will be offered a full refund.
When & Where
Beyondsoft Consulting is a global innovation partner, focused on solution development in mobile applications and backend systems. Our consulting services provide you with the tools and insights, as well as development resources needed to take your technology to a new level.