Ancestry.com Scanners at FGS
Thursday, September 3, 2009 at 9:30 AM - Saturday, September 5, 2009 at 5:00 PM (CDT)
Ancestry.com is excited to provide FGS conference attendees the opportunity to have their family records scanned, for free, on high–speed scanners.
The scanners will be available for up to 15-minute scanning sessions on Thursday, September 3, through Saturday, September 5, during the exhibit hall hours.
Scanning-session signs-ups will open each morning—sign up Thursday morning for a Thursday time slot, Friday morning for a Friday time slot, and so on. The scanning machines and sign-ups will be located in the Toltec Lobby registration area of the Statehouse Convention Center.
Will you be bringing items to scan? Please help us plan accordingly by registering here. NOTE: You'll need to sign up at the conference for a specific scanning time. Registering here helps us plan for the event. Because we anticipate high demand for the scanners, sign ups will be based on a first come, first served basis.
Details about Scanning
- Ancestry.com imaging specialists will operate the scanners
- Ancestry.com is bringing two scanners to the conference: a high–speed, loose–leaf scanner that will scan documents and photographs in full color and a planetary scanner for books and more fragile items
- Attendees will be able to scan about 100 family photographs or documents during a 15–minute session
- Scanned images will be saved to flash drives (provided at no cost by Ancestry.com) and given to attendees. (Note: Scanned images will NOT be uploaded to the Ancestry.com website by Ancestry.com personnel.)
- Due to anticipated demand, conference attendees will be able to sign up for only one scanning session during the conference
- There is always a possibility that damage to older, more fragile documents may occur during the scanning process. Ancestry.com urges patrons to use their best judgment when choosing documents to be scanned.