An Evening with ff Venture Capital
Thursday, August 9, 2012 from 6:30 PM to 9:30 PM (EDT)
New York, NY
Monthly Social Hour: Special Edition
. . . . An Evening at a VC Firm
ff Venture Capital, an early stage VC firm will be hosting our August happy hour in their lovely midtown offices. Come ready to meet the members of NYTechWomen as well as the staff of ff Venture Capital.
Wine and light snacks will be provided.
There will be a brief presentation by ffVC staff. Please arrive by 7:00 PM.
About ff Venture Capital
ff Venture Capital partners with startups that can be the low cost, disruptive player in their respective industry. Their goal is to build great companies and generate significant returns for the firm’s partners: management teams and investors alike. Since 1999, they have made over 150 investments in over 55 companies. Among their most successful seed investments that have reached maturity are Cornerstone OnDemand (which raised $137m in a March 2011 IPO, ticker CSOD) and Quigo Technologies (sold to AOL for a reported $340m in 2007).
Rules of Engagement: Small Things Make a Big Difference
1. Smile and introduce yourself. It’s amazing how welcoming this can make a new member feel. Make sure to set a good example by holding your head up high and saying hello.
2. Circulate and share openly. Challenge yourself to meet someone new at every event. Your thoughts and opinions are the product of years of your own unique experience. Be generous with that.
3. Take the time to listen. We're in hectic New York mode. Let's slow down and enjoy a real conversation.
4. Spread the spirit of inclusiveness. We're out to change the world by showing that being nice is a position of power. Great achievements are never made in solitude.
5. Keep the conversation going. Make sure to followup when you say you will and reach out when you have questions or ideas. This is a mutually supportive group.
If you have not already done so, please be certain to sign up for our NYTechWomen Newsletter to be in-the-know on the latest happenings with the community.
When & Where
We differentiate NY Tech Women by providing an approachable, social community for women serious about the tech industry. We foster and nurture mutually rewarding, long-lasting relationships within our membership. There are many groups available that are dedicated to networking, sales, pitches, panels or skill building. Instead, we build mentorship, community and real friendships that support career and business success through generosity.