Herren’s Restaurant opened in 1934 by prizefighter Charlie 'Red' Herren. In 1939, the Guido Negri family bought the restaurant and the business stayed in the Negri family until Herren’s closed in 1987. Herren’s is noted for being downtown Atlanta’s first restaurant to voluntarily desegregate, which it did on June 25, 1963.
Join us for An Evening at Herren’s to mark the 50th anniversary of this special day, which reflected Atlanta’s motto of a "City too busy to hate" and marked a new era of hospitality and tourism in Atlanta.
To support the restaurant leaders of tomorrow, all proceeds will go toward the School of Hospitality's Culinary Learning Center in memory of Jane and Ed Negri, pioneers of hospitality and equality.
A reception will follow at the Rialto Center for the Arts.
When & Where
Cecil B. Day School of Hospitality Administration
Located in the J. Mack Robinson College of Business at Georgia State University, the Cecil B. Day School of Hospitality Administration is the oldest and largest program of its kind in Georgia. It is named in honor of the late founder of the Days Inn Hotel Company. His legacy of excellence serves as the foundation upon which the school bases its vision for preparing the next generation of hospitality leaders in a global society.