Target audience: K-12 teachers and leaders
Want to learn a new approach to addressing the needs of your English Learners? This workshop will provide a foundational understanding of the ELA/ELD Framework and then explore how science content can be used to support both Integrated and Designated English Language Development (ELD).
- Take stock on current programs and curriculum for English Learners
- Review the shifts required in ELA/ELD Framework
- Learn how to leverage science content for Integrated & Designated English Language Development (ELD)
- Curate resources and plan for implementation.
Please note the following important details:
- Purchase Orders (PO's) must be received prior to first day of workshop...no exceptions!
Please email request for invoice and copies of PO's to LManderson@acoe.org.
- This is a technology-infused session; please bring your laptop or tablet.
- Sign-in begins 30 minutes prior to listed start time.
Questions? Contact: LManderson@acoe.org or (510) 670-4160
Save This Event
When & Where
ACOE CORE Learning Team
The Alameda County Office of Education promotes student achievement and development, serving as liaison between the California Department of Education and the eighteen Alameda County public school districts. The Educational Services Division provides learning opportunities for both students and educators with over 300 programs, and is the primary provider of professional development and support services for K-12 educators throughout our seven-county region.
ACOE’s Core Learning Department hosts professional development opportunities for districts and schools, collaborating with leaders on strategic planning to successfully implement the new Common Core state standards and assessment tests. Core Learning staff provide expertise in disciplinary content in English Language Arts, Math, Science, History, Social Studies and other content areas aligned to the CA Common Core standards, with special attention to the learning needs of English language learners.