American Underground Hack-A-Thon
Saturday, March 2, 2013 at 6:00 PM - Sunday, March 3, 2013 at 7:00 PM (EST)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Take part in the American Underground's first Hack-A-Thon. The event is open to all hackers ages 16+.
The first rule of what to hack at the American Underground Hack-A-Thon: there isn't one! This competition is open to all ideas, web or mobile. The only requirement is that what you create must be done from scratch and within the 24 hour timeframe of the competition.
We're also pleased to be working with StartupBus (startupbus.com) who is bringing a bus load of NYC developers to the American Underground as the first stop on their way to SXSW. The hackathon will conclude Sunday night, right as the bus is pulling in. Expect to meet fellow developers from around the East Coast.
- 5:30pm - Arrive, sign in, network
- 6:00pm - Pitch your ideas, build your team, and setup your hacking stations
- 7:00pm - Hacking BEGINS!
- 12:00am - Midnight munchies (free food)
- 9:00am - Morning munchies (free food)
- 12:00pm - Lunch (free food)
- 7:00pm- Hacking STOPS! Judging begins and winners announced.
- 7:30pm - Party (TBD)
- Top 2 teams receive interview spots for their team at the Groundwork Labs & Triangle Startup Factory accelerators.
Rules and The Legal Stuff:
- You must be 16 years or older in order to participate
- No content, code, or design can be created prior to the competition. You must start from scratch.
- You retain all rights to your submission. We're only running a competition.
- Don't submit anything that can be considered harmful or unlawful.
- Contest organizers will not reimburse you for any expenses or losses and are not responsible for any damage, legal actions, or any other outcomes that might be a result of your participation
When & Where
Passionate entrepreneur and philanthropist, transforming ideas into products that solve problems. Co-founder @Thryv, participating startup in Groundwork Labs