All in for k9 online sales have ended; please buy your tickets at the door!
Sunday, April 27, 2014 from 4:00 PM to 9:00 PM (PDT)
Santa Monica, CA
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Sorry we missed you; don't despair - we will be selling
tickets at the door! See you there...
Go “All In for k9” on Sunday, April 27; 4 – 9 pm
k9 connection’s 2nd Annual Charity Poker Tournament
at the William Turner Gallery, Bergamot Station
- Fine wine and beer tasting; gourmet buffet
- Professionally run No Limit Texas Hold’em Poker Tournament
- Casino Lounge with DJ, Blackjack table and Raffle Prizes
- Show your best Poker Face in our photo booth
- Meet some of our k9 graduates, interns, board members and staff.
WSOP VIP Instructor: Rafe Furst
Celebrity Guest: Jessie Billauer
Play your cards right and you may win a prize!
Location: 2525 Michigan Avenue, E1, Santa Monica, CA 90404
4:00 p.m. – Doors open; Casino Lounge opens; guests enjoy fine cuisine, wine and beer-tasting
4:30 p.m. – Poker lessons: VIP guests with World Series of Poker Instructor Rafe Furst; Guests with West LA Poker Professionals
5:00 p.m. – Tournament begins
- $299 includes VIP tournament entry for TWO players ($1500 worth of chips each); private lesson from WSOP Insructor Rafe Furst; entrance to Casino Lounge and $200 in 'fun money'; hors d'oeuvres, desserts, drinks and blackjack
- $149 includes VIP tournament for ONE player ($1500 worth of chips); private lesson from WSOP Instructor Rafe Furst; entrance to Casino Lounge and $200 in 'fun money;' hors d'oeuvres, desserts, drinks and blackjack
- $89 includes single tournament entry ($1500 worth of tournament chips); lesson from West LA Poker professional; entrance to Casino Lounge and $200 in 'fun money'; hors d'oeuvres, desserts, drinks and blackjack
- $20 Rebuys
Prizes for Top 9 Poker Players
- $49 includes entrance to Casino Lounge and $200 in 'fun money'; hors d'oeuvres, desserts, drinks and blackjack
Rafe Furst is an entrepreneur, impact investor, writer, producer and poker player. He is Co-Founder of Crowdfunder and advises many projects that involve technology and social entrepreneurship. Furst has spoken about transformation of early-stage finance at TED. In 2005, Furst won the Ultimate Poker Challenge, and then a year later in 2006, he won a World Series of Poker Championship Bracelet. All told, Furst has won or cashed in 13 professional tournaments.
Furst was an investor and founder of Full Tilt Poker, which eventually became the world’s second largest online poker site. Furst was a sponsored player on the site and could be seen sporting the Full Tilt Poker logo often in televised events and interviews between 2005 and 2010.
Beginning with the Bad Beat on Cancer initiative in 2003, Furst has hosted or appeared in many charity poker events benefiting causes such as Talk About Curing Autism, Ante Up for Africa and XPRIZE Foundation.
Furst is also a prolific poker teacher and author, having coached celebrities for Celebrity Poker Showdown, written chapters in the Full Tilt Poker Strategy Guide and produced Expert Insight: Final Table Poker.
Over the past 15 years, Jesse Billauer has developed into one of the most sought-after speakers on the motivational speaking circuit. Jesse's down-to-earth, authentic style, captivates everyone from elementary school students to corporate executives. He has traveled the country inspiring tens of thousands of people to live life to the fullest, to overcome adversity, and to focus on passion over paralysis (not just physical paralysis!).
Jesse's story has been heard by millions of people over the years as a result of being featured by Good Morning America, TODAY, Dateline NBC, Extreme Makeover: Home Edition, surf film Step Into Liquid, and dozens more. His efforts have also resulted in several awards.
Jesse is a friend of k9 connection, having visited our k9 connection classrooms, encouraging teens facing challenging situations, to look at their lives in a more thoughtful and thankful way. We are pleased to welcome him and his girlfriend Sam, as our special guests for this event.
For more information about company sponsorships and recognition, contact Juliet: email@example.com
All proceeds benefit teens and shelter dogs.
When & Where
k9 connection, a non-profit experience-based project of OPCC, has helped more than 570 teens and placed 400 shelter dogs in permanent homes since its founding in 2005. It is run by a dedicated, small professional staff and trained volunteers who work to help counselor-referred teens learn responsibility, empathy, teamwork and coping skills using the therapeutic modality of training homeless shelter dogs.
k9 connection offers its programs free of charge and relies solely on the generosity of individual, company and foundation donations. The funds from this event will go directly to help k9 connection continue to serve its communities. Your contribution will make a difference for teens and shelter dogs now and in the years to come.
Want to see k9 in action? Watch our video!
Visit us at: www.k9connection.org