All About Orthopaedics XII
Friday, September 6, 2013 from 7:50 AM to 4:00 PM (CDT)
Orthopaedics is a dynamic field that requires an understanding of the assessment and management of specific orthopaedic conditions across a varied spectrum of care. This 12th annual conference will feature an interdisciplinary group of experts speaking on best practices for positive patient outcomes, using a case study format, and focusing on an orthopaedic trauma. We hope you’ll join us for an exciting and informative day!
This conference has been designed to provide a comprehensive update on the assessment and managemet of orthopaedic trauma across a varied spectrum of professional care.
- Review a motor vehicle collision, mechanism of injury, and potential challenges related to extrication.
- Discuss multidisciplinary approach to orthopaedic trauma, addressing trauma pathology and subsequent actions needed for patient stabilization.
- Review the variable management priorities in the mulitsystem trauma patient.
- Review the treatment protocol and set up of skeletal traction.
- Explain the rationale of difinitive fixation of pelvic ring and acetabulum fractures.
- Address the unique needs of the orthopaedic trauma patient and their family using an interdisciplinary team.
- Describe factors that influence a patient's admission and discharge to an inpatient rehab facility.
- Explain the role of the occupational and physical therapist in acute rehabilitation.
- Review the post treatment/operative rehabilitation treatment protocol.
Registration Fee $60.00 or $45.00 for Alegent Creighton employees includes: Continuing education hours, access to program materials,continental breakfast and lunch.
You may receive a full refund if requested on or before August 29, 2013. No refunds will be issued after August 29, 2013
For additional information, please go to www.alegentcreighton.com click on Class & Events in the upper right-hand corner of the page, then click Continuing Education on the left.
You may also call or email: