ALL ABOUT CRAFT FAIRS
Thursday, February 20, 2014 from 2:00 PM to 5:00 PM (EAT)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Welcome to our first Jumpstart Thursday of 2014!
This February 20th, 2-5pm at Shalom House, we are talking all about craft fairs with the names behind the best of them in Nairobi:
- Kealleigh Bell- Ngong Racecourse Christmas Fair
- Caroline Mbindyo- Bizarre Bazaar Craft Festival
- Lynette Anderson- Nairobi Fashion Market
- Claire Niala- Waldorf Eco Fair
Take a break from work and come through to the ONLY such networking forum for crafters! Share ideas and information, exchange resources and learn from the best in the craft fair business.
PLUS we are giving you an opportunity to show and tell. If you have a product that you would like to get feedback on- this is your chance! Indeed, given how busy these four ladies are, this is an opportunity you DO NOT want to miss.
Remember to invite a fellow crafter. Sharing is caring!
When & Where
Craft Afrika is a social enterprise registered in Nairobi. The mission of the organization is to support contemporary craft entrepreneurs and designers build dynamic, viable businesses. We achieve this objective through 2 main strategic programs
1. Knowledge sharing: We achieve this objective through 3 main acitivities- [a] Jumpstart Thursday which is our bi-monthly community forum [b] Research, aggregation and dissemination of information on the sector and [c] Business skills training with a mentorship component
2.Market development: Our market development efforts are geared mainly towards the domestic and regional markets. The main activity under this program is the annual Afrika Handmade symposium, with the first edition scheduled to take place 2nd and 3rd October 2014. The main objective of the event is to create visibility for contemporary craft and design, thereby opening up new market opportunities while strenghthening existing ones.
Other activities under this program include facilitating co-shared exhibition spaces in local/regional/international trade fairs, connecting international buyers to local designers and publishing an annual catalogue featuring the best of Kenya's contemporary craft and design.