[AIDS2012 Satellite] Showing the Impact of Food Assistance and Nutrition Support in HIV Care
Monday, July 23, 2012 from 7:00 AM to 8:30 AM
Harvard Medical School, Partners In Health and the World Food Programme cordially invite you to attend “Showing the Impact of Food Assistance and Nutrition Support in HIV Care”.
XIX International Aids Conference | Washington, DC
Date: July 23, 2012 | Time: 7:00 a.m. - 8:30 a.m. | Location: Mini Room 5
Recent years have brought a remarkable scale-up in HIV care and treatment. Yet, there is an increasing recognition that uptake and adherence are critical issues in the HIV response. Scientific evidence and programmatic experience suggest that food and nutrition activities can help overcome barriers to care and improve overall treatment success. Join us as we cover developments in this topic.
- Agnes Binagwaho | Minister of Health, Rwanda
- James M. Sherry | Director, USAID TRAction and Professor of Global Health and International Affairs, George Washington University
- Christine Wanke | Professor of Medicine and Public Health, Tufts University School of Medicine; Director, Division of Nutrition and Infection
- Louise Ivers | Director, Chief of Mission, Partners in Health in Haiti, and Assistant Professor, Harvard Medical School
- Sebastian Stricker | Project Manager Nutrition and HIV, World Food Programme
Moderated by: Martin Bloem | Chief HIV and Nutrition Policy, World Food Programme
Breakfast will be provided. RSVP to secure your seat. Please send any inquires to Ashley Ahlholm at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to seeing you!