AIA CES ArchiCAD Intermediate Training in Orlando
Wednesday, March 26, 2014 from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM (EDT)
Earn 6.5 AIA CES
Join us at Microtek Orlando at 2145 Metrocenter Blvd. on March 26th to earn 6.5 AIA CES. ArchiCAD Intermediate Training is for new users that have attended the ArchiCAD Fundamentals training or for current users who are looking to enhance their skills.
Computers and software will be provided for this hands-on training. Refreshments include morning and afternoon snacks and beverages, and a catered lunch.
Topics Covered During Training Include:
- Utilizing the Morph Tool
- Using sections and elevations to see how a model is put together
- Enhanced detailing
- Understanding worksheets and best practices for adding notes and storing them as visual favorites
- Improving workflow through customized settings and element attributes
- Customizing and creating unique wall composites, fills, building materials, surfaces, and how to import/export these elements
- Learn the importance of organization when documenting and designing your model with project map, view map, layout, and publisher
- Creating layouts, title blocks, auto text, and updating layouts
- The importance of template creation and how to create a new template
- Using the Morph Tool to create custom objects
- Understanding the benefits of a customized work environment by incorporating layouts and templates
- Identifying best practices for an improved workflow through customized settings and element attributes
- Creating custom layouts, settings, element attributes, and title blocks
About the Instructor: Veleda Snyder, GRAPHISOFT BIM Consultant
For more than 14 years, Veleda Snyder has been implementing and training ArchiCAD to architectural and construction companies. She first began as an ArchiCAD user, and had the opportunity to implement automated material calculations for various companies using ArchiCAD. This allowed her reach out to other ArchiCAD users and provide training, technical support, template development, and project assistance. Veleda has a diverse background, from working with log home companies, high-end residential homes, schools, and medical facilities. This experience has helped her define best practices and methodologies for integrating BIM into everyday workflows for the architecture and construction industry.
When & Where
GRAPHISOFT North America