AHA Online Skills Checks - May 2013
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
AHA Online Skills Checks
Description and Target Audience: American Heart Association (AHA) program for students seeking certification or recertification in basic life support and/or first aid skills and wish to complete part of the course via the computer. This program is convenient for a student who needs to work on the program from home at his or her own pace.
This program is completed in three steps:
Part 1: Online cognitive program (completed via www.onlineaha.org)
Part 2: Skills Practice (completed at Cox College)
Part 3: Skills Testing (completed at Cox College)
Part 1 – Online Cognitive Program
1) Register or sign in as a student at www.onlineaha.org
2) Purchase the Online program you desire. Purchase by credit card on www.onlineaha.org
*Be sure you select the correct program! Read carefully when you are online!
· BLS for Healthcare Providers Online Part 1 ($22.00 and about 1-2 hours of your time)
· Heartsaver CPR/AED Online Part 1 ($23.00 and about 1 hour of your time)
· Heartsaver First Aid Online Part 1 ($28.00 and about 1.5 hours of your time)
· Heartsaver First Aid with CPR/AED Online Part 1 ($39.95 and about 2.5 hours of your time)
3) Complete the program you have purchased. You do not have to do it all at one time. You may log out and log back in.
4) Print your completion certificate located at the end of your online program. Bring the completion certificate with you to your skills check date. You must turn this in or your skills will not be checked at your appointment.
After Part 1 Completion
5) Register for one of the skills check dates located on this flyer (about 45 minutes of your time, depends on how much you practice at your appointment).
6) Study the skills check list you receive via email. Please contact our office if you did not receive a skills check list, 417-269-4117.
7) Attend your skills check date. Remember to bring your Part 1 Completion Certificate (required).
Parts 2 & 3 – Skills Practice and Testing (completed at the Cox College, Basement Room #3)
8) Arrive at your appointment on time please.
9) Present your Part 1 Completion Certificate and sign in on the course roster.
10) Practice the life-support skills with BLS Instructor support and guidance (if needed).
11) Complete your skills test with the BLS Instructor present.
12) Receive your certification card.
Things to consider:
1) Once you have completed the Online Part 1 Portion, you have 60 days to complete your skills test or the online portion becomes null and void. Please plan ahead so that you may complete this AHA requirement.
2) It is important you study the skills before attending. Your skills practice and testing will move along quicker.
3) Your certification card should be issued the date of your skills test (this is typical). Please note that due to occasional card back orders we may not be able to provide the card the day of the course. Your card would then be mailed to you.
Please contact us if you need an additional date and time. We will work to accommodate you.
The American Heart Association strongly promotes knowledge and proficiency in BLS, ACLS, and PALS and has developed instructional materials for this purpose. Use of these materials in an educational course does not represent course sponsorship by the American Heart Association. Any fees charged for such a course, except for a portion of fees needed for AHA course materials; do not represent income to the Association.
Fees are subject to change at any time.