Bummer! Sales have ended.
Unfortunately, tickets for this event are no longer on sale.
NatureBridge, the National Park Service, and the Natural History Museum of Los Angeles County are working together to present after-school teacher professional development at the Natural History Museum of Los Angeles County. We will use the new North Campus gardens as our outdoor classroom!
This session takes place Wednesday, October 17, 2012 from 4:00 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. at the Natural History Museum at 900 Exposition Parkway, Los Angeles, CA 90007.
- Simple stratiges and lessons designed to get students outdoors
- Exploration of environmental education pedagogies
- Presentation on NatureBridge and National Park Service programming
- Ready-to-use resources for the classroom
- Best practice sharing
- Light snacks to be provided
- Special program discounts
Lessons to be shared cover 6th and 7th grade science content standards, with an emphasis on adaptations, form and function of pollinators and flowers.
Not a middle school teacher? All educators are welcome to register and participate. There is limited space for this FREE workshop, so register now!
Questions can be directed to Meg Jakubowski, Education Manager at NatureBridge, at (818) 914-7660 ext 401 or firstname.lastname@example.org