The realization of Africa’s potential as the next economic frontier is currently taking place. This forum will bring to life the people, ideas, and initiatives behind this effort as well as highlight the work and achievements of those in the diaspora.
The 2013 NYU African Economic Forum will develop a unique perspective of the revitalized African landscape. The power of entrepreneurship and influx of capital into the continent has led to an unprecedented business activity that is changing lives and entire economies each day. African policy makers continue to increase transparency and decrease the costs of doing business. This has enhanced Africa as an investment destination and provides a catalyst for long term sustainable development. Meanwhile, aid sector has found new and innovative models, and the vision of a new generation of social entrepreneurs is paving the way for a thriving and independent Africa. For these reasons, we want to bring these three different but aligned types of change makers to the table for a dynamic discussion on the changing African zeitgeist.
The goals of this year’s conference are as follows:
- Create a space for dialogue between students, alumni, practitioners and companies with diverse perspectives to share constructive thoughts about Africa’s economic future
- Increase awareness of Africa’s role in the global economy and highlight the continent's emergence as the final investment frontier
- Highlight the great efforts and contributions of leaders around the world to positively impact business and community, both on the African continent and abroad.
- Increase awareness of NYU’s commitment to Africa’s development across a multitude of sectors including financial services, media and entertainment, healthcare, infrastructure, tourism, entrepreneurship as well as social impact sectors
- Inspire the current and future generation of Africans and friends of Africa to take greater part in realizing the economic potential of the continent.
Tickets include Breakfast, Lunch, and Reception Hors d'oeuvre and Drinks.
When & Where
Stern in Africa
SIA is dedicated to providing the Stern and NYU communities increased exposure to business and investment opportunities in Africa, and enhance awareness of Africa's growing economies.
SIA organizes professional, educational, and social events that enables thought leaders, industry practitioners, and MBA students to promote investments in Africa and highlight the growing importance of the continent in the global economy.
SIA serves as the primary conduit for connecting talented Stern MBA students seeking professional opportunities in or related to Africa, spanning all industries and career tracks.
SIA provides its sponsors and members with great value through a wide range of events such as conferences, speaker series, case studies, research opportunities, panel discussions, and cultural events.
Located in New York City, the financial capital of the world, Stern in Africa provides the prime location for increasing awareness on the growing economies of Africa.