Advances in Innovation in DC - Google+ Hangout 2 panel event
Saturday, March 9, 2013 from 12:00 PM to 1:30 PM (PST)
Join us March 9th as we talk to Senator Moran, Senator Warner, Congressman Issa and others in Austin and discuss advances in innovation in DC!
Part 1: High Growth Entrepreneurship with a Focus on Access to Capital
Time: 12:00pm -12:30pm
Topic: Startup Act 3.0
• U.S. Senator Jerry Moran (R-KS), co-author of the Startup Act 3.0
• U.S. Senator Mark Warner (D-VA), co-author of the Startup Act 3.0
Moderator: Jamie Rhodes, Chair of the Alliance of Texas Angel Networks (ATAN), Vice Chair for the national Angel Capital Association, co-founder of National Nanomaterials Inc.
Part 2: Access to Global Talent & Tech’s Critical New Leadership
Time: 12:40pm - 1:30pm
Topics: High-Skilled Immigration: Startup Act 3.0 & The Startup Visa Act; SOPA takeaways and the virtual March for Innovation, April 2013
• U.S. Senator Mark Warner (D-VA) cosponsor of Startup Visa Act in the 110th, 111th, and 113th Congresses
• U.S. Congressman Darrell Issa (R-CA 49), Chair of the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform
• Jeremy Robbins, Director, Partnership for a New American Economy; Policy Advisor and Special Counsel in the Office of New York Mayor Michael R. Bloomberg
• Michael McGeary, Co-founder and Executive Director, Engine Advocacy
Moderators: Mitch Jacobson, Director of the Clean Energy Incubator, Austin Technology Incubator (ATI) & Erika Sumner, Innovation Advocate
When & Where
Austin Startup Week
Started in 2011, Austin Startup Week is five days of events celebrating Austin startups, the organizations and meetups that support them and all the awesome people that make them happen!
Find out more at http://atxstartupweek.com/