Advanced ScrumMaster: Toolkit for Enabling Change
Has your team, your business, and your organization hit a wall with Scrum? Are you backsliding to old, familiar patterns of behavior? Does it feel like Scrum is more-and-more about the process, and less-and-less about the people?
If any of these statements describe your team, you may be experiencing the effects of entropy, or team decay. There is a better way to do Scrum – something that is not so painful and is more fun. What is missing in many of these instances is a skilled ScrumMaster, someone who can detect and ward off the corrosive effects of team decay before they impact the performance of the team.
During this dynamic, fun and engaging two-day course, expert consultant and Certified Scrum Trainer®, Carlton Nettleton will share the essential soft skills necessary to enable and sustain change. By way of practical, hands-on exercises and activities, you will learn the skills and tools used by an accomplished consultant with over 10 years of experience using Scrum and Agile used to build great teams and produce astonishing results. By the end of this course, you will be equipped with new abilities to set you on the path to become an expert communicator, change agent, facilitator, visionary and Servant Leader
Most importantly, you will have fun, as there will be absolutely NO PowerPoint during this course.
The learning objectives for this course are:
· Name the seven pillars of Servant Leadership.
· Examine what a being Servant Leader means for you and your team.
· Define entropy and give examples of ten signs of team decay.
· Evaluate whether your organization can support Scrum or not.
· Describe what is dialogue and how to recognize a crucial conversation.
· Practice crucial conversations skills and other techniques to remain in dialogue.
· Create powerful agendas that foster collaboration and retain participant focus.
· Explain the dynamics of group decision-making and the groan zone.
· Identify fifteen facilitative listening skills employed by a ScrumMaster.
· Demonstrate the power of facilitative listening skills during open discussion.
· Select alternatives to open discussion.
What you will receive from this course:
· A vivid student workbook full of custom exercises, activities and course summaries that capture the essential points you need to learn and comprehend.
· A reading list of great books to jump-start your continuing education on the topics discussed in the course.
· Two forty-five minute conference calls after the course with the instructor and the other participants to support your continuing education and application of the skills discussed in the class.
When & Where
Conscires Agile Practices
Conscires Agile Practices provides Agile Assessment, Coaching and Mentoring, Consulting, and Training. Our focus is to support you in choosing the right Agile practices for the success of your organization.
Conscires’ mission is to create transparent and collaborative organizations where employees are empowered to make their own decisions and take ownership for their work. This environment will improve the overall morale of the company and boost productivity. It starts with coaching the managers to become better leaders and reducing the noise that causes competing priorities and distractions to allow these leaders to set clear goals that can easily be followed by the team.