ENOSERV and instructor Robert Hafer have joined together to present the Advanced Relays training course.
Equipping the relay technician to function effectively in the world of “reliability standards” is the focus of this reasoned curriculum. This course will provide the technician with the knowledge to comply with reliability standard PRC-0051b. The instructor, Robert, brings 15 years of protection relay experience working in transmission substations and hydro, coal and gas generating plants. With his 24 years experience in power plant electrical maintenance and substation construction, Robert is able to speak the language of the trainees.
Attend the class at the ENOSERV Training Facility in Tulsa, Oklahoma and you will receive presentations on:
- NERC PRC-005 and what standards affect the relay technician
- Analyzing major outages in the Bulk Electric System (BES) from 1965 to 2011
- History of NERC and its relationship to FERC
- Study of “Reducing Human Performance Errors” NERC Industry Advisory
- Purpose of Reliability Standards / Reliability of the BES - targets, SER, and event reports
Tools of the Relay Technician and reducing human error
Practical application of Symmetrical Components – the ground directional relay
R-X diagram, Mho circles and impedance relays
Micro-processor Relays –understanding logic and programming
You will learn:
How to recognize the human factor in work habits
- The meaning of “Adequacy and Security” as it relates to the BES
- Reliability standards the relay technician must know
- How understanding rectangular to polar conversions, R-X diagrams, Mho circles, and Symmetrical components makes a better relay technician
What major substation components can affect the BES
How to set and test a electro-mechanical ground directional relay
Calculating settings and testing of a KD-10 distance relay
Programming and operation of a SEL-751A micro-processor relay
- Understanding operation of a SEL-311C distance relay with logic diagrams
Prerequisites of this course include a math background in basic algebra and trigonometry. Students need a working knowledge of D.C. and A.C. theory with practical experience preferred in circuit analysis and troubleshooting. Previous exposure to protective relays is necessary. Knowledge of IEEE Device numbers will greatly assist the student in class exercises involving print reading. Students need to bring a laptop computer equipped with a serial port or a USB to Serial adapter and a handheld calculator.
ENOSERV training courses are held at the ENOSERV Training Facility. Only ENOSERV presents training on any type of test set with numerous electromechanical and digital relay types. All classrooms were built from the ground up with only relay testing training in mind. Refreshments and lunches will be provided by ENOSERV. Attendees should bring his/her laptop with RTS installed.
Class times are as follows: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Map of ENOSERV location
Is there a phone number or email where I can contact the organizer with any questions? Yes; you may contact us by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone: 918-622-4530.
Do I need to print out and bring a ticket to get in? No; you will be on a registration list used at check-in.
How do I get to the ENOSERV Training Facility? The address is: 7780 E 106th St, Tulsa, OK 74133. Some GPS maps and online maps do not show a current and correct location for ENOSERV. Google maps is correct. Also, there is a map on the ENOSERV web site depicting our location in relation to hotels, restaurants and entertainment. http://enoserv.com/map_of_ENOSERV_location.html
Does ENOSERV have corporate rates with nearby hotels? Yes; ENOSERV has corporate rates with two nearby hotels. The Hampton Inn & Suites is directly across the street and they offer a daily rate of $91, which includes a warm breakfast. The other hotel, Holiday Inn Express, is a brand new hotel that is approximately one block away. The Holiday Inn Express offer a daily rate of $85 which comes with a warm breakfast. The contact information for both hotels is listed below:
Hampton Inn & Suites Tulsa South-Bixby
8220 East Regal Place
Tulsa, OK 74133
Holiday Inn Express & Suites-Tulsa South Bixby
8405 E 102nd Street South
Tulsa, OK 74133
TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. Fees are inclusive of program materials and refreshments.
2. Registering constitutes a legally binding contract.
3. It may be necessary for reasons beyond the control of ENOSERV to change the content and timing of the program, the speakers, the date or the location without notice. If for any reason, ENOSERV decides to postpone this class, ENOSERV is not responsible for covering airfare, hotel, or other travel costs incurred by clients. The class fee will not be refunded, but can be credited to a future class. In the unlikely event of the program being canceled, ENOSERV will automatically make a full refund but disclaim any further liability.
4. Copyright: All intellectual property rights in all materials produced or distributed by ENOSERV in connection with this event is expressly reserved and any unauthorized duplication, publication or distribution is prohibited.
If you have a disability and require special assistance during the training class, contact email@example.com describing your specific needs or requirements.
Expenses of training including tuition, travel, lodging and meals, incurred to maintain or improve skills in your profession may be tax deductible. Consult your tax advisor.
Cancellations made within 30 days prior to event will not result in a refund or credit. There is no charge for substitutions, but you must submit a letter authorizing the transfer signed by the registered attendee one day prior to the event starting date.
When & Where