Advanced MS Project
Saturday, November 2, 2013 from 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM (PDT)
San Francisco, CA
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Many PMs are stuck at the “out-of-the-box” level, while knowing MS Project could provide them much greater power – and now it has a new interface of ribbons instead of menus.
Certification in MS Project can be a significant differentiator in job interviews and the skills necessary, such as those covered in this workshop, can significantly increase the success of your projects, hence your value, job retention, and thus your income.
PMI SF-BAC brings you a rare opportunity to learn this tool hands-on from the experts at a price that anyone can afford.
This course is part 2 of 2 towards that preparing the professional for MCTS certification 70-178.
Advanced MS Project covers the following topics:
b) Resource Pools
c) Hammock Tasks
d) Priority and Leveling
e) Buffers and managing projects at risk
f) Advanced Tracking
g) Advanced Baseline and Interim Plan
h) Road to certification
i) Introduction to Project Server
By attending this event, Professionals will learn:
- How to present project data in visually compelling manner.
- Templates: Quickly setting up a schedule and correctly updating progress.
- How to make Master/Integrated schedules, using Resource Pools to manage multiple projects and programs successfully.
- Leveling – the most misunderstood and frustrating piece.
- Event Proposal – Business Case [Page 1 of ]5
- The “unwritten manual” – overtime, encoding buffers, supervisory tasks, etc
ABOUT THE SPEAKERS:
If you have made a reservation and find that you will be unable to attend please send an email to email@example.com and cancel as early as possible. All cancellations are subject to a minimum $30 fee if done at least 5 days before the event. Cancellations after October 30, 2013 are subject to the full charge to ensure the Chapter does not incur excessive expenses.