Adult Dysphagia: From Bedside To The Instrumental Assessment and Beyond
Dysphagia Assessment and Management: Older Child Through Adult
0.6 ASHA/AOTA CEUs
Presented by: Jennifer Lynn Jones, Ph.D., CCC-SLP, BRS-S
This course teaches participants how to do a modified barium swallow study on the older child / adult. It is an interactive course with many examples of swallowing disorders viewed on videofluoroscopy. Treatment strategies are provided for all disorders and a hands-on lab allows the participants to simulate the maneuvers and strategies discussed.
1. Recognize 5 disorders from the Modified Barium Swallow Study.
2. List and describe 5 reasons for aspiration before, during and after the swallow.
3. List and describe 3 positional strategies to eliminate aspiration.
4. Develop a treatment plan with goals based on the disorders observed on the MBSS.
5. List and describe 5 exercises to improve swallowing in the elderly population.
Morning Session 8:30am-12:30pm
A. Beyond the Typical Clinical Assessment: Hands-On Cranial Nerve & Swallow Assessments
B. How to Assess With The Modified Barium Swallow Study
Afternoon Session 1:30pm-4:00pm
A. MBSS Determines the Treatment: A Thorough Look at Swallowing Disorders
B. MBSS Determines the Treatment: An Interactive Lab of Therapeutic Strategies
Your message has been sent!
In order to purchase these tickets in installments, you'll need an Eventbrite account. Log in or sign up for a free account to continue.