Thanks for your interest in being an Adoption Counselor at the Animal Adoption Foundation!
Being an Adoption Counselor (AC) is an important, satisfying role at Animal Adoption Foundation (AAF). Being an AC involves working closely with member of the public who are considering adopting a dog or cat from the AAF. Please read on to find out more about the expectations of and process associated with being an AC at AAF.
To be eligible for the AC position, volunteers should be able to take direction from and interact appropriately with the members of the public, AAF staff and other volunteers. In terms of training and ongoing service, volunteers must:
- be 18 years of age or older;
- have completed CARE Level 3;
- shadow one or more existing AC for a total of 10 hours
- be able and willing to work effectively with potential adopters (i.e., listen carefully to what a potential adopter is looking for in a pet and figure out if any of the animals at AAF are a good match for the individual or family);
- able to read and understand AAF's Policy Manual for ACs;
- be able to commit to working a minimum of 3 shifts/month during AAF's adoption hours (with each shift being 3.5-4 hours);
- be willing to attend periodic meetings for ACs;
- be able to commit for 6 months or longer; and,
- be approved for the position by AAF staff.
To Learn More
For additional information about this position, contact: Heather Turpin @ firstname.lastname@example.org.
To Register to Come to an AC Meeting
To register to attend an informational session for AC, use the "Register" button at the top of this page. By agreeing to attend this session you are only agreeing to come to an informal meeting with a current ACs (vs. than committing to become an AC). The session will largely consist of shadowing a current AC and visiting with that volunteer as well as the staff to find out more about being an AC. If you are not able to make it during a time on the schedule (Saturdays @ 1 pm), please contact Heather Turpin and make other arrangements.
When & Where
Animal Adoption Foundation
The Animal Adoption Foundation is a no-kill shelter (non profit) for dogs and cats that have been abused or abandoned. AAF provides a safe and humane environment for dogs and cats that are waiting to be adopted. Our caring volunteers and generous, donors enable us to provide a safe and haven for our special friends. Please read about our volunteer programs and opportunities!
Visit our website: www.aafpets.org; or "like" us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/AnimalAdoptionFoundation