About This Workshop
Learn how to use Adobe Illustrator to create a design especially for laser cutting.
No previous experience with design software is necessary.
What you'll learn:
• How to go from a sketch to creating a design in Adobe Illustrator
• How to format your Illustrator design especially for laser cutting
• Where and how to make your actual laser cut pieces
What's included with your ticket:
• 3 hours of instruction including 1.5 hours of individual assistance
• FREE laser cutting from Ponoko (includes cutting & shipping costs, materials not covered)
• 30 minutes: introduction to Adobe Illustrator, vector design, and laser cutting
• 1.5 hours: creating a design in Illustrator (demo + individual assistance)
• 30 minutes: formatting your design for laser cutting
• 30 minutes: making your design with Ponoko
What you'll need:
• a sketch of a flat, two-dimensional design
Space is limited to 20 people to ensure indiviudualized attention.
About the instructors:
Dan Emery is director of manufacturing at Ponoko
, an online laser cutting and 3D printing service. He has a BDes in Industrial Design from Victoria University of Wellington, NZ.
Kristen Turner is CMO at Ponoko
, an online laser cutting and 3D printing service. She has a BFA in Fibers from Savannah College of Art and Design.
Have questions about Adobe Illustrator for Laser Cutting?
Contact [ classes ] PARISOMA