ADN Secret Santa
Wednesday, December 19, 2012 from 1:00 AM to 11:00 PM (PST)
Update: Registration is now closed. Find out who you've been assigned at the following site:
Ho, ho, ho! It's time for the first ever ADN Secret Santa Event!
Welcome, one and all (limited to first 1,000 participants).
How it works:
1) Register for the event.
2) During registration, provide your email address, ADN Username, shipping address (optional), and some additional information to help your Secret Santa pick out just the right gift for you. For example, you could even list an ADN hashtag or include the url for a post where you've posted a wishlist.
If you are part of a group on ADN (e.g. #legolovers), make sure you all decide on the same hashtag. If you all include the same hashtag during your registration, we'll make assignments within the group.
3) Registration will close November 23rd.
4) Starting November 24th, we'll make the Secret Santa assignments and then email each Secret Santa the information about their gift recipient.
Use the hashtag #ADNSecretSanta to discuss wishlists, purchases, and all the fun you're having planning for your day as Secret Santa.
5) Make or buy a gift before December 19th. We are suggesting a maximum value of $50, and a $10 or $20 gift will be just fine.
Each Secret Santa is responsible for every aspect of his or her own gift distribution. Consider e-gifts, since they will be the easiest to manage. There are many items that can be sent through email, such as Amazon and iTunes gift cards.
If you have a shipping address for your giftee and wish to ship a gift, make sure it arrives before December 19th.
6) The Big Reveal! On December 19th, you get to reveal yourself as a Secret Santa. Send an email to your giftee with information about his or her gift.
Share your experiences on ADN using the hashtag #ADNSecretSanta