San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
A FREE training opportunity:
“Addictions and Holistic Mental Health”
SPEAKER: Josephine Wilson, D.D.S., Ph.D., Director, Substance Abuse Resources and Disability Issues Program and Professor of Community Health at Wright State University’s Boonshoft School of Medicine
Summary: This three hour workshop training is designed for professionals who diagnose and treat individuals with addiction and mental health disorders. This training will provide an overview of the physiological processes that are involved with addiction. Traditional approaches to the treatment of addictions and mental health disorders will be reviewed along with the application of a holistic approach which will include its biological and cognitive aspects and its emphasis on treating the whole person with an emphasis on health and wellness rather than the treatment of disease. Research findings on the effectiveness of holistic and integrative treatments for behavioral health disorders will also be reviewed.
At the completion of this workshop, attendees will be able to:
1) List the diagnostic criteria for addiction according to DSM-5.
2) Identify the neurotransmitter systems associated with drugs of addiction and mental health disorders.
3) Compare and contrast traditional and holistic treatments for addiction and mental health disorders.
4) Explain the biological and cognitive bases of holistic approaches
5) Describe the research evidence in support of holistic and integrative treatments for behavioral health disorders
When: Thursday, December 19, 2013
Time: 8:30 a.m. – 12:00 Noon (Sign-In: 8:00 - 8:30 a.m.)
Where: Montgomery County Educational Service Center
200 South Keowee Street
Dayton, Ohio 45402
*Parking located at south end of the building
Continuing Education: 3 RCHs approved by the Ohio Chemical Professionals Board
3 CPEs pending by the State of Ohio Counselor, Social Worker and
Marriage and Family Therapist Board
Contact: Carrie J. Rogge @ email@example.com