Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
Addiction Medicine Primer for the Non-Addictionologist (includes pharmacology)
Wednesday, November 12, 2014 from 9:00 AM to 5:10 PM (CST)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Speaker: Leonard M. Spishakoff, M.D.
Board Certified in Family Medicine and Addiction Medicine
Department of Family Medicine
University of Chicago
Leonard M. Spishakoff M.D. is board certified in family medicine and addiction medicine. Dr. Spishakoff is affiliated with mulitple hospitals in the Chicago metropolitan area, and has extensive knowledge in clinicial practice. Dr. Spishakoff is a clinical instructor in the Department of Family Medicine at the University of Chicago. He is recognized, awarded, and honored for his remarkable success. Dr. Spishakoff received the Patients Choice Award for three consecutive years (2008-2010); He was President of medical staff and chairman of utilization review at one of Chicago's metropolitan hospitals (1998-2003). Needless to say, Dr. Spishakoff was selected as one of the Castle Connoly American's "Top Doctors in Chicago Metropolian Area" (2002-2004). He was elected Committee Member of Drug and Therapeutics of Illinois Medical Society/ ILL DHS (1997-2002). In fact, Dr. Spishakoff received the Resident Teacher Award of Society of Teachers of Family Medicine of the American Academy of Family Physicians (1996). Dr. Spishakoff is recognized and dedicated to his profession. He will present the topic of Addiction Medicine Primer for the Non-Addictionologist.
Date of CE event:
Wednesday, November 12, 2014.
Location of CE event:
The Carleton of Oak Park Hotel
1110 Pleasant Street
Oak Park, IL 60302
Continuing Education (CE)
6.66 CE Contact hours (includes 3.0 pharmacology contact hours )
This CE activity is designed for the additional hours required for APNs/APRNs with prescriptive authority in Illinois as well as RNs. The purpose of this activity is to enable the learner to recognize patients with addictive behaviors and properly manage the patient’s care. A comprehensive approach in providing care for the patient with chemical dependency will be discussed.
Who should attend?
Advance Practice Nurses
Allied Healthcare professionals
- The participant will be able to discuss the epidemiology, pathophysiology, and clinical manifestations of patients with intoxication and withdrawal symptoms.
- The participant will be able to identify the role of genetics, psychosocial influences, and the chronic disease model.
- The participant will be able to describe the management of chronic pain of patients with a history of substance abuse.
- The participant will be able to describe the changes of neuropathology of patients with chemical dependency.
- The participant will be able to discuss the management of the most common addiction disorders.
- The participant will be able to explain the medical trends and practices in the management of addictions.
Program begins at 9:00 a.m. ensure to arrive 20 minutes before the program begins.
The educatonal material to this activity will be provided on the day of the seminar.
Lunch on your own.
Parking lot and street parking available.
Refund/Transfer/ Cancellation Policy:
- To receive a refund from any educational activity of Nursing Excellence Continuing Education Services LLC, we must receive a postmarked written notice 7 days prior to the continuing education event also known as seminar. You will receive a full refund minus $15.00 administrative fee of the continuing education activity event.
- To receive a transfer from the continuing education activity event, Nursing Excellence Continuing Education Services LLC, must receive your postmarked written notice 48 hours prior to the continuing education activity event. The transfer can be applied to any continuing education activity event of your choice and no transfer fee is applied.
- No refunds or transfers will be granted without a written notice to Nursing Excellence Continuing Education Services.
The faculty and planning committee have declared no conflict of interest. Criteria for judging successful completion includes attending the entire session and turning in an evaluation form, pretest, and post-test. This is not a pass or fail course, post-test is for educational research purposes only.
This continuing nursing education activity was approved by the Ohio Nurse Association (OBN-001-91), an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
Approval valid through August 14, 2016. ONA# 17, 022
When & Where
Nursing Excellence Continuing Education Services LLC
18w140 Butterfield Road,
Oakbrook Terrace, Illinois 60181;