*This course satisfies ALL requirements of the American Heart Association*
ACLS is an advanced, instructor-led classroom course that highlights the importance of team dynamics and communication, systems of care and immediate post-cardiac-arrest care. It also covers airway management and related pharmacology. In this course, skills are taught in large, group sessions and small, group learning and testing stations where case-based scenarios are presented.
ACLS is designed for healthcare professionals who either direct or participate in the management of cardiopulmonary arrest and other cardiovascular emergencies. This includes personnel in emergency response, emergency medicine, intensive care and critical care units.
• Key changes in advanced cardiovascular life support, reflecting the 2010 American Heart Association Guidelines for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Emergency Cardiovascular Care
• Basic life support skills, including effective chest compressions, use of a bag-mask device and use of an (AED)
• Recognition and early management of respiratory and cardiac arrest
• Recognition and early management of peri-arrest conditions such as symptomatic bradycardia
• Airway management
• Related pharmacology
• Management of acute coronary syndromes (ACS) and stroke
• Effective communication as a member and leader of a resuscitation team
• Effective Resuscitation Team Dynamics
The Certification Course requires approximately 10-12 hours to complete, including skills practice and skills testing.
*Course time based on 2 instructors: 7 students: 2 manikins, classroom-based instruction*
• Course uses learning stations for practice of essential skills simulated clinical scenarios that encourage Active participation
• Hands-on class format reinforces skills proficiency
• Classroom-based works well for learners who prefer group interaction and instructor feedback while learning skills
Course Completion Card
Upon successful course completion, including demonstration of skills competency in all learning stations and passing the CPR and AED skills test, bag-mask ventilation skills test, a Megacode test and a written test, students receive an ACLS course completion card, valid for two years.
Continuing Education Accreditation/Emergency Medical Services
Continuing Education Accreditation – Emergency Medical Services and Board of Registered Nursing. This continuing education activity is approved by the American Heart Association, an organization accredited by the Continuing Education Coordinating Board for Emergency Medical Services (CECBEMS) and Board of Registered Nursing, for 12.0 Advanced CEHs.
Upon completion of this class the participant will be able to know how to manage cardiorespiratory emergencies by using the systematic ACLS guidelines of the American Heart Association, (AHA). You will know how to evaluate and manage a sudden adult respiratory arrest, VF/VT arrest, asystole, pulseless electrical activity, bradycardias, stable and unstable tachycardias, acute coronary syndromes and acute stroke.
Course Cost $160.00
Online Deposit: $40.00
Payment at class: $120.00
(**Please note that all discounts are applied at class**)
$140.00 each – Group of 4 – 7
$120.00 each – Group of 8 – 11
$100.00 each – Group of 12 +
$20 discount from each subsequent course(s) when registered within one month with American Heart Classes
**BLS and Online Courses are not applicable with this offer**