ACEP Emergency Medicine Hackathon and Make-a-thon
American College of Emergency Physicians, Emergency Medicine Residency Association, Hacking Medicine and Chicago Health 2.0
Friday, October 24, 2014 at 5:00 PM - Sunday, October 26, 2014 at 8:00 PM (CDT)
The Code Red Hackathon is generously sponsored by Allscripts.
Allscripts Developer Program
Solve real problems faced by emergency medicine physicians as they deliver care on the front lines - with their mentorship over a weekend hackathon! The finalist will get to present their solution at the American College of Emergency Physicians conference, and get guidance towards securing a pilot. Plus, you'll also get access to Health 2.0's Local Chicago conference on October 25th!
Who is this for?
People who don't know how to code but are interested in impacting healthcare (that's what the make-a-thon is for!)
- Biz Dev folks
- Residents and fellows
How it works:
We'd prefer that you focus your efforts on solving one of the published challenges, but you are welcome to solve any problem in medicine
Enter in one of two groups:
- Mature solutions - most of your product was already built prior to the challenge announcement
- Weekend solution - you form your team during the hackathon + make-a-thon weekend and build product from scratch over those three days
Each challenge will have cash prizes, and one of the challenge finalists will be chosen to present at the ACEP international conference in Chicago on 10.27.14.
What you get:
- Access to these mentors: emergency medicine clinicians, serial health tech entrepreneurs, health IT experts, payers, care org execs and investors
- APIs galore: check back often as we procure APIs for the event - and teams to help you
- More! Check back often!
Friday, October 24
- 5:00 pm Opening Keynote & Challenges Presented
- 7:00 pm Team Formation, Dinner & Networking
Saturday, October 25
- 9:00 am Breakfast, Opening Remarks, Team Formation
- 9:30 am Hacking begins!
- 12:00 pm Lunch
- 1:00 – 4:00 pm More Hacking
Sunday, October 26
- 9:00 am Breakfast and Opening Remarks
- 9:30 am Final Hacking
- 12:00 pm Lunch
- 1:00 pm Presentations and Judging
- 4:00 pm Winners Announced!
Monday, October 27
Winner highlighted at ACEP14 Conference
Can't afford the ACEP hackathon ticket prices? Apply for a scholarship! :)
Why are are we charging registration?
We're using this money to help cover venue and food costs. Any additional money will supplement hackathon prize awards.