ACE Dental Assistant Orientation
Accelerate your connection to a new career. Train to become a dental assistant under the Accelerating Connections to Employment (ACE) grant initiative!
If you are interested in a career in dental assisting, have a high school diploma or GED, and are age 18 or older come to an information session to see if you qualify and learn more about this exciting career field.
Tuesday, June 25th, 10:00 am – 12:00 pm
Mt. Olive Community Life Center
2 Hicks Avenue
Wednesday, June 26th, 1:00 pm – 3:00 pm
West County Area Library
1325 Annapolis Road
Monday, July 1, 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm
Empowering Believers Church
7566 E Howard Rd
Glen Burnie, MD 21060
Why Dental Assisting?:
· Starting entry level wage between $12 and $15 per hour
· Demand for dental assistants is expected to grow 36% through 2018
· One of the five fastest growing career fields in Anne Arundel County
Why the ACE Dental Assisting Program?:
· Extra practice on reading, writing and math skills
· Coaching and mentoring throughout the program
· Connections with employers
Anne Arundel Workforce Development Corporation
Anne Arundel Workforce Development Corporation operates seven One-Stop Career Centers (in partnership with the Department of Labor, Licensing and Regulation) and specialized programs that offer services to businesses and job seekers. Services include recruitment, retention and training funds for businesses; and job search and training assistance for job seekers.