Access 2007 Level 2 Training (2 day class)
Thursday, February 20, 2014 at 9:00 AM - Friday, February 21, 2014 at 5:00 PM (CST)
|Lesson 1: Structuring Existing Data|
Create a Junction Table
Improve Table Structure
|Lesson 2: Writing Advanced Queries|
Create Unmatched and Duplicate Queries
Group and Summarize Records Using Criteria
Summarize Data Using a Crosstab Query
Create a PivotTable and a PivotChart
|Lesson 3: Simplifying Tasks with Macros|
|Create a Macro
Attach a Macro
Restrict Records Using a Condition
Validate Data Using a Macro
Automate Data Entry Using a Macro
|Lesson 4: Making Effective Use of Forms|
|Display a Calendar on a Form
Organize Information with Tab Pages
Display a Summary of Data in a Form
|Lesson 5: Making Reports More Effective|
|Include a Chart in a Report
Print Data in Columns
Cancel Printing of a Blank Report
Create a Report Snapshot
|Lesson 6: Maintaining an Access Database|
|Link Tables to External Data Sources
Manage a Database
Determine Object Dependency
Document a Database
Analyze the Performance of a Database
When & Where
Training is for Methode Employees Only
Similar to training offered in the Spring of 2013, we will be offering additional training sessions in Microsoft Office Products. In addition to Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access, we will this time include Outlook and Project. Excel will be expanded to levels 4 and 5; level 5 Excel will be dedicated to macros and VBA.
Things to note
- We have divided the training into three sections (December, January and February). Not all class levels are available in each section; the sections progressively offer more advanced courses.
- All classes are one day (8 hours), except Access which is a full 2 days (16 hours).
- New Horizons trainers will be instructing all classes. Tom has moved out of the Chicago area and is no longer available as a trainer. We have interviewed other trainers and have select Eugene as the trainer for these training sessions.
- Some classes will be offered at Methode’s Corporate Training Room in Harwood Heights. Other classes will be offered at New Horizons in Rosemont (they have a new address).
- Training materials will be distributed at the beginning of each class.
- Laptops will be provided for each trainee.
- There is a strict limit of 15 people per class. Please register as soon as possible. If a class is full, you will have the option of wait listing that particular date and time.
- Morning start time – 9am
- Morning end time – 12:30pm
- Afternoon start time – 1:30pm
- Afternoon end time – 5pm
- Breaks – both the morning and afternoon sessions contain a 15 minute break
- What to bring to class – nothing is needed; all materials will be provided
- Computers – laptops with external mice
- Lunch - food will be provided