Accelerating Hawaii's Startup Innovation
Thursday, August 2, 2012 at 9:00 AM - Friday, August 3, 2012 at 5:00 PM (HST)
Keynote speaker Steve Case joins local entrepreneurs, executives, and business accelerator experts from across the country to discuss ways to accelerate Hawaii's startup ecosystem!
Startup Hawaii and Hawaii Strategic Development Corporation, an agency of the State of Hawaii, are co-sponsoring a conference designed to catalyze business innovation in Hawaii, a key element for growing the local economy. This event will help to fuel the momentum behind Hawaii’s startup ecosystem and explore ways to accelerate development of the sector, as well as highlight entrepreneurial businesses across the State. The conference will feature a variety of speakers and workshops designed to explore methods for accelerating the local economy through startup innovation.
Day one, August 2nd, 9am to 5pm:
- Keynote speaker Steve Case, chairman of Startup America, co-founder of AOL and CEO of Revolution LLC. Mr. Case will speak about his entrepreneurial and venture capital investing experience and share his thoughts on both successes and challenges he’s encountered along his journey.
- Mr. Case will also participate in a panel session with local executives, startup CEOs, and community leaders to discuss Hawaii’s shared responsibility in supporting its startup companies and entrepreneurs.
- An extended lunch expo where attendees can network with local startup CEOs, support organizations, investors, business executives, and government leaders, as well as mainland accelerator managers, venture capital investors, and Startup America representatives
- Program will also include short pitches from Hawaii’s newest “startups to watch,” and short presentations from local business support organizations.
August 3rd, 9am to 5pm - A full-day, focused startup accelerator workshop, sponsored by Orrick:
- Seasoned accelerator leaders from throughout the country, including 500 Startups, Start Garden, Launchpad LA, Global Accelerator Network, Y Combinator's lead legal council, and others.
- Designed for local teams that are planning to launch accelerators, businesses interested in learning more and contributing, potential mentors, and local entrepreneurs and startup teams considering applying for entry into one of Hawaii’s upcoming accelerators.
- Office hours with accelerator managers and a partner of Silicon Valley-based law firm, Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati.
Companies and organizations scheduled to participate include:
Global Accelerator Network, 500 Startups, Start Garden, Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati, Startup America Partnership, Startup Weekend, The Queens Medical Center, Hawaiian Airlines, Hawaiian Electric Company, Ukulele Underground, Nella Media Group, The Box Jelly, Engage Stage, Undefeated Games, Lemonade Alley, Hawaii Angels, HiBEAM, UPSIDE Fund, High Technology Development Corporation, Hawaii Strategic Development Corporation, Kamehameha Schools, and many more!
(Note: Parking at the Sheraton Waikiki for this event is $8.00 for self-parking and $13.00 for valet parking.)
When & Where
Startup Hawaii is our local region of the national Startup America Partnership!
Join our movement! We're bringing together a group of entrepreneurs, support organizations, investors, and mentors who have firsthand knowledge of the gaps in Hawaii's startup ecosystem. As we identify gaps, we work to persuade local government, corporations, and others to help fill those gaps and deliver strategic and substantive resources to help entrepreneurs start and scale companies in Hawaii.