What's the Academy Think-n-Drink?
Good question! The Astek Academy is the avenue by which our team educates clients and the community about technology. It's what we do. We love the digital world and love to teach people how to use it. Oh, and we like to make it fun because people don't come for the Power Point slides.
The Think-n-Drink is our excuse to gather cool people together, chat about a topic and consume a little vino while unwinding from a long day of work. Come to learn, network or simply hang out with the fun people at Astek!
Social Media for Events: Building Loyalty One #Hashtag At a Time
This interactive session will be moderated by John Armstrong (@johnequatro), Director of the Astek Academy, and Astek's VP Marketing Rachel Yeomans (@rachelyeomans). They will offer their thoughts on what an effective event social media strategy looks like while promoting questions, suggestions, and anecdotes from others' experiences in the field.
Attendees Will Learn:
- Why social media is an important part of building attendee loyalty
- Why social media can be fun for both the organization AND the attendee
- How social can be integrated into anything from a small meeting to a large conference
- A general idea on how much time and effort it takes to make it happen
Order of Drinking and Thinking:
5:30 - 6:00 Drink, mingle, eat
6:00 - 7:00 Presentation/discussion
7:00 - 7:30 Drink, mingle, eat
Getting To, and Into, the Astek Office:
- CTA Clinton/Halsted Blue (3 blocks)
- Metra (Union Station, 3 blocks / Ogilvie, 5 blocks)
- Lot Parking ($6 for 2 hours / Adjacent)
- Paid Street Parking (Adjacent)
- Free Parking (South of Clinton Blue Line)
Don't worry about your paper ticket. We have your name. If you have questions, give us a yell on Twitter at #ThinknDrink.
When & Where
This event is brought to you by the Astek Academy, the educational program of Astek - a Chicago-based digital marketing and web design agency specializing in the B2B industry.
Find us at www.astekweb.com or 312.667.0121