ACACAC Ride by the Cincinnati Cycle Club
Saturday, August 14, 2010 at 7:00 AM (EDT)
ON-LINE REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED.
DAY OF RIDE REGISTRATION IS AVAILABLE. YOU CAN SAVE TIME BY DOWNLOADING AND FILLNG OUT THE FORM HERE BEFORE GETTING TO THE RIDE. BRING THE FORM AND CASH OR CHECK FOR $30 PER RIDER AS WE DO NOT ACCEPT CREDIT CARDS ON THE DAY OF THE RIDE.
ACACAC Bicycle Tour
Saturday August 14, 2010
North Adams County High School in Seaman, OH
Be among the smiling “bikies” returning with stories of almost carefree country roads, winding past Amish farms, lush pastures, and covered bridges. Visit Miller’s Amish Mall or Keims Bakery and ride through peaceful towns like “Unity”, “Tranquility” and the friendly neighborhoods and colorful gardens. Come ride the beautiful hills and valleys of Adams County and be amazed at the beauty so close to our big cities! For those seeking a challenge the 75 and 100-mile routes take you through some of the most beautiful and challenging county outside of the Appalachians.
Routes from: 100, 75, 62, 50, 35, and 25 miles
What does ACACAC stand for? Adams County, Amish County, Altitude Challenge (formerly known as the BCBCBC)
- Pre-ride fruit, coffee and pastries
- All riders go to Miller’s Bakery or Keims bakery where you can buy homemade goodies to snack or take home
- The “Pie Van” will sag your goodies from Miller’s back to the High School (arrival times not guaranteed however we do our best to beat you back!)
- Post ride, stop by the school for showers, fresh fruit, sandwiches, and cold drinks before heading home!
- All routes have painted road markings and maps are provided
- Route descriptions are posted at ride headquarters, so you can choose your route before you spin away
- 75 and 100 mile routes are VERY CHALLENGING and riders need low gears! Hills are interspersed with constant heavy rolling
- 50 and 62 mile routes are for experienced recreational cyclists looking for a challenge
- All routes go to Miller’s Amish Bakery (directions are provided for Keim’s Bakery in Seaman as well)
- Restrooms at ALL rest stops. 2 rest stops on the 50 & 62 mile routes and 3 on the 75 and 100.
- Ride support ends at 5 p.m. and school closes at 6 p.m.
Directions: From I-275, take SR 32 East/Appalachian Highway (past Eastgate Mall) for approx 40 miles. Exit Left onto Moores Road. North Adams High School is down the road approximately on the left. Address:
2485 Moores Road
Seaman, Ohio 45679
Register Early & On-Line
Planning for the ACACAC takes a lot of time and resources. Your early registration allows us to purchase ample food, and assign volunteers to give you the best ride possible and gets you the best price! Mailed in (paper) registrations are accepted for a few bucks more and are available HERE. Consider joining the Cincinnati Cycle Club and get the Cincinnati Cycle Club member discount price. You can join the Cincinnati Cycle Club HERE.
When Should I Start?
Recommended start times are 7:00-8:00 for the century and on later than 9:00 am for the 75 mile route.
For your safety……ABSOLUTELY, POSITIVELY NO CYCLING SHOES IN THE SCHOOL BUILDING!!!