Bummer! Sales have ended.
Unfortunately, tickets for this event are no longer on sale.
FREE EDUCATIONAL EVENT
AB 2356: INCREASING ACCESS TO FAMILY BUILDING FOR LGBTQ & SINGLE PARENTS
An Evening of Celebration and Education for Prospective Parents, Families, Health Providers and Community Organizations on Legal & Medical Considerations of AB 2356
When: Thursday, November 29, 2012 from 6-8pm
Where: Rockwood Leadership Institute, 426 17th St, 4th Floor, Oakland, CA
Come honor the courageous, visionary leadership of Assemblymember Nancy Skinner, (the author of AB 2356) the staff of National Center for Lesbian Rights (NCLR),Equality California (EQCA) and the many organizations, health providers and families who told their stories and helped in the passage of AB 2356, a historic rights bill for LGBTQI families, single parents by choice and others forming families with known donors.
FEATURED SPEAKERS INCLUDE:
· Assemblymember Nancy Skinner, introduced by Maddie Flood of Rockwood Leadership Institute
· Leland Traiman, RN of Rainbow Flag Health Services introduced by Keiko Lane, MFT and Lisa Denenmark of City Visions, KALW
· Kim Klausner, co-producer of the documentary film CHOOSING CHILDREN (GroundSpark Films,1984) introduced by Maya Scott-Chung, MPH
· Legal update & Q&A with Cathy Sakimura, Esq. staff attorney at the National Center for Lesbian Rights (NCLR) and Alice Kessler, JD of Equality California (EQCA)
· Open mic time for families, health providers and others to speak about the importance of the passage and implementation of AB2356
This event will be live broadcast from 6:30-7:30 pm with Michelle Meow from SWIRL RADIO www.swirlradio.com
Family friendly evening- children are welcome! Fun art area and surprise on-site participatory art project. Light refreshments and drinks will be provided. Selections from The LOVING Quilt: A People's Living History- and Herstory- of Marriage Equality and Family Justice Movements, Cathy Cade's work on lesbian moms and COLAGE's That's So Gay! exhibits will be displayed. This event is wheelchair accessible.
PLEASE TELL YOUR FRIENDS & COLLEAGUES ABOUT THIS EVENT!
RSVP: Maya at 510-381-0876 or email@example.com