AATM 2013 Fall Conference: Drilling Deeper Into the Core
Saturday, September 21, 2013 from 8:00 AM to 3:30 PM (MST)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
**NOTE: To pay by P.O. (Purchase Order) choose "Show other payment options" under the big green "Order Now" button on the main ticket screen, then choose to "Pay Offline". The option to pay by P.O. along with all the information will appear.**
- Keynote speaker Nanci Smith will speak on differentiated instruction in mathematics, and she will offer related breakout sessions for those who want to explore the topic further.
- The National Council of Supervisors of Mathematics (NCSM) will be sponsoring leadership sessions for administrators, instructional coaches, and teacher leaders.
- TODOS will be sponsoring a series of sessions on issues of equity and language in mathematics.
- In addition to the multiple vendors that exhibit each year, this year's vendor room will also include representatives from various mathematics organizations including to following: National Council of Teachers of Mathematics, National Council of Supervisors of Mathematics, Women in Mathematics Education, Arizona Department of Education, TODOS: Mathematics for All, and others.
- We will be honoring Arizona's recipients of the Presidential Award for Excellence in Mathematics Teaching
- An outstanding Arizona educator will be receiving the AATM Lifetime Achievement Award.
Please go to www.aatm.org closer to the conference to view sessions and plan out your day!!
Looking for a hotel in the area? Here's a flyer about a discounted rate!
TODOS Pre-Conference Dinner Information
**NOTE: This is not included with the "regular" conference admission. It is a seaparate ticket...please read the ticket information carefully.**
TODOS: Mathematics for All
TODOS will once again be hosting their annual Pre-Conference dinner. They invite all members of AATM and all conference participants to join them for this event!
Speaker: Melissa Hosten
Topic: Unlocking the Mathematics Talent in ALL students: Leveraging PARCC and the Common Core
Sheraton Phoenix Airport Hotel Tempe 1600 South 52nd St. Tempe AZ 85281
Friday, September 20
5:30 – 6:00 Registration 6:00 – 7:00 Dinner 7:00 – 8:00 Presentation
Where do I park?
The parking structure directly south of the ASU Memorial Union is the best place to park. It is free on Saturdays.
Where can I contact the organizer with any questions?
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Is my registration/ticket transferrable?
Yes! If you are unable to come to the conference, but would like to send another colleague in your place, please email email@example.com with their name and email address. In your email, please include which person will receive the one-year AATM membership. Additional memberships can be purchased through www.aatm.org.
Can I update my registration information?
Sure! Please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll get that taken care of for you!
Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?
Registration goes quickly if you have the printed ticket or at least the QR code from a phone/tablet for us to scan!
What is the refund policy?
We can refund your ticket for a full refund up to one week before the conference. After that, we've already paid for the space, food, etc. Thanks for understanding! We are happy to transfer the ticket to a colleague at any time, however.
The name on the registration/ticket doesn't match the attendee. Is that okay?
You can email us at email@example.com to get an updated ticket. The name you supply to us will be on your name badge for the day.
We would like to pay using a P.O. Is that possible?
Of course! We are happy to accommodate Purchase Orders from your district. Please choose "Show other payment options" under the big green "Order Now" button on the main ticket screen, then choose to "Pay Offline". The option to pay by P.O. along with all the information will appear. Please mail your P.O. to the provided address by September 7 or bring it with you to the conference if you are unable to mail.
How do I know which sessions I should sign up for?
Please check our website, www.aatm.org, closer to the conference date. We will post all of the sessions by time and grade-level. You can plan out which sessions you would like to attend prior to the event. You do not need to sign up for individual sessions prior to the conference.
When & Where
AATM-Arizona Association of Teachers of Mathematics
AATM is a professional organization of educators dedicated to the improvement of mathematics education at all levels.