AAJA-LA 2013 Mixer @ Far Bar (1/23/2013)
Wednesday, January 23, 2013 from 7:00 PM to 9:00 PM (PST)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Join AAJA-LA at Far Bar in Little Tokyo on Wednesday Jan. 23 for our first event of the year. Come mix it up with your friends and colleagues and learn about AAJA-LA plans and programs in 2013. Attendees will be provided with free appetizers and raffle tickets for a prize drawing at the end of the night.
Come meet the 2013 AAJA-LA Board of Directors, and network with esteemed journalists from across Southern California. Hear about this year's calendar of events, including AAJA-LA's signature V3 Digital Media Conference, Trivia Bowl, and the AAJA national convention in New York City. Make sure to join chapter or renew your membership. The Mixer is free to all current AAJA-LA members and people who join or renew the night of the event (with advance RSVP).
With advance pre-pay/advance RSVP (until 1/23, at 5pm)
- Current AAJA members = FREE
- New and renewing AAJA members = FREE
- Sister organization members (NABJ, NAHJ, NAJA, NLGJA) = $5
- Non-affiliated Guests = $10
At the door:
- Current AAJA members = $5
- New and renewing AAJA members = $5
- Sister organization members (NABJ, NAHJ, NAJA, NLGJA) = $10
- Non-affiliated Guests = $15
When & Where
Asian American Journalists Association - Los Angeles Chapter
The Asian American Journalists Association is a national nonprofit educational and professional organization that owes its founding in 1981 to the vision of a small group of Los Angeles journalists.
Today, AAJA’s Los Angeles Chapter continues to promote the association’s four-part mission:
- To provide a means of association and support among Asian American and Pacific Islander journalists.
- To provide encouragement, information, advice and scholarship assistance to Asian American and Pacific Islander students who aspire to professional journalism careers.
- To provide to the Asian American and Pacific Islander community an awareness of news media and an understanding of how to gain fair access.
-To research and point out when news media organizations stray from accuracy and fairness in the coverage of Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders.
AAJA is a nonprofit organization with 501(c)(3) status.
Please visit: www.aaja-la.org